WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

Got to say that I would love to see Kendrick go all the way to the final.

I like the story they are telling with Kendrick, but he will probably go out at the 1/4 final stage to Kota Ibushi (should both of them win their 2nd round matches).

As a side note, anyone who does not want the next round of matches spoiling for them, do not visit the wiki page for the tournament as it has the winner of each match on there.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Interesting show, different from other weeks as mentioned because of a bigger focus on technical rather than high flying. I actually agree with all comments mentioned about Zack. Very interesting and fun to watch, but almost a little too smooth at times. Either way, I enjoyed him.

Gulak, Zack, Mendoza and Kendrick were the stand outs this week. Would be happy for all 4 to be regulars.

What is interesting without giving names/spoilers away, is that CWC characters have started to appear on NXT. I wasn't really expecting it at this stage of the comp.

Interesting show, different from other weeks as mentioned because of a bigger focus on technical rather than high flying. I actually agree with all comments mentioned about Zack. Very interesting and fun to watch, but almost a little too smooth at times. Either way, I enjoyed him.

Gulak, Zack, Mendoza and Kendrick were the stand outs this week. Would be happy for all 4 to be regulars.

What is interesting without giving names/spoilers away, is that CWC characters have started to appear on NXT. I wasn't really expecting it at this stage of the comp.

Plausible though, given that the CWC and NXT are taped around the same time and in the same venue. If the talent is there, might as well be used. 

• Paid Members

Without a doubt pal, just didn't see it coming at this stage of the comp, and it kind of gives the impression that it doesn't really matter who wins (to me).

I know we know that they know, but I didn't think they would be this obvious of their favs this early on. I thought it would be a case of the winner getting a contract, not that I've heard about this being an actual outcome, but that's what I assumed, followed by some of the runners up featuring a little later on.

I know, I'm looking too much in to it.

Can't see if it's been mentioned (briefly scanned the thread TBH), but the problem with this, while it's great to have new faces in WHUFF HQ, is that there's no emotional attachment to 99% of these (mostly) workers.

Oh, & it has the feel of a TNA show (i.e. ZERO audience involvement during the action).

Can't see if it's been mentioned (briefly scanned the thread TBH), but the problem with this, while it's great to have new faces in WHUFF HQ, is that there's no emotional attachment to 99% of these (mostly) workers.

Oh, & it has the feel of a TNA show (i.e. ZERO audience involvement during the action).

Truth ...

• Paid Members

I really didn't enjoy Zack Saber Junior. The way he was being spoken about leading into the tournament, I expected to be blown away by someone who'd quite clearly out-grown the independent circuit, similar to some of the success stories of NXT. What I got instead was someone technically sound, who did a handful of cute things, but ultimately had a proper shocking look and quite a bit of dodgy selling. There was one DDT in particular where he sat up after taking it and was so fucking hammy in the face that he pulled that I couldn't tell if he was taking the piss or not. It really stood out as something you'd see in low-level indy wrestling.

His look is something behold too. I know we live in an era where someone who looks like Daniel Bryan can win the main event of WrestleMania, but come on. He looked like a lanky, spotty teenager, with a seriously goofy face. Like your mate's older brother who tries to hang out with you and the rest of his mates when you're twelve and he's sixteen. I don't even know how he could improve his look, but he definitely has to if he wants to move up to the main roster. I can't imagine Vince being too impressed. He'd tell him to get him a coffee.

There's probably a place on the card for him, but I was left bitterly disappointed. Considering how amazed I've been with my first exposure to guys like Nakamura, Ibushi, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, Saber Junior was more similar to how I felt when Solomon Crowe debuted. In the river of tip-top talent that's currently flowing in, he stood out as someone who wasn't at that same level.

was only the second time I've watched ZSJ, the first in a very even and impressive match with Roderick Strong. I don't think his style is much suited to the "here is a sample of what makes me stand out as a wrestler" style of the WWE 5 minute squash, as his opponent looked to have the psychology of porridge by constantly initiating grapple holds after already getting his arse handed to him on the mat. Throw an elbow, bro.

ZSJ should open up a lot more eyes in the latter stages against bigger names. If it does go as many predict and end up in a ZSJ-Ibushi final, then well.....

Main thing I took away was that I really enjoyed the finish, battering and wrenching the reaching arm during a submission always gets a rise out of me. 

Want to shadow the love for that Kendrick bout, BK looking like he's channeling some heel Spike Dudley thing, that wicked coast-to-coast. Whoever that guy was he looks a hell of a lot better than that Cien lad

Quite liked that Jason Lee, certainly better than Ho Ho. Swann was a lot of fun

Didn't get much out of the Dar match, but I like him on twitter so good luck. He's 22 tho fuckin ell thats depressing

That Gallagher match was great, didn't know whether I'd take to the gimmick having seen the previews but he was definitely the best of the British guys in this round - shame he's got Tozawa in the next round really although what a match that should be. The Italian lad was one of the more impressive losers we've had so far as well

Wow that Ciampa/Gargano match, great week for them having really developed as a team on this week's NXT. This is the Ciampa that really caught my eye when I first saw him in ROH, everything he did made me wince like fuck. 1 or 2 kick-outs were maybe a bit OTT but it was so exciting and what a story they told in there. A deserving 'main event' of the 1st round

Commentary sounding really comfortable by now too. WWE is killing it at the moment - DUB DUB E! DUB DUB E!

Archived