WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Paid Members

Had honestly not heard he'd done a One Night Only PPV last year, or perhaps I'd just forgotten.

Just read up on it, TNA replaced the boys with girls. Because of course they fucking did.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RoH guys would be ruled out of this because of the terms of their contracts, right? Or at least it would require RoH's approval?

Just thinking Dalton Castle could be a ton of fun in something like this.

TNA stink is too recent for Dalton, I'd say.

I think that's probably paying TNA too much of a compliment. That ONO appearence went pretty much under the radar. Besides who the fuck watches the ONO shows. I've got a ton of them taped and still on my freeview recordable box and don't think I'll ever get around to see them.

If they left his character alone it could be the ROH apoearances again. 1st one interest piqued. 2nd one you have an new and fresh character that people want to see. I don't see them letting the character be. Plus we'd need the boys as well. Can't forget the boys.

• 1 month later...

I am hoping for Tommy End to be in a match. Hè has a great look, gimmick and is a veteran.

I just recently turned into a big ZsJ fan. Didn't see it years ago but I suddenly really enjoy his matches.

Also hoping for Marty Scurll. Never has a bad match.

Last pick would be El Ligero. Veteran and always delivers.

I am hoping for Tommy End to be in a match. Hè has a great look, gimmick and is a veteran.

I just recently turned into a big ZsJ fan. Didn't see it years ago but I suddenly really enjoy his matches.

Also hoping for Marty Scurll. Never has a bad match.

Last pick would be El Ligero. Veteran and always delivers.

Tommy End might be a push if they're strict with the '205 pound or less' weight limit rule that WWE announced in the original press release. End is usually 210 to 220 pounds.

I hope someone like Bubblegum gets a chance. He's a fantastic Cruiserweight.

• Paid Members

Just announced

BREAKING: Progress hosts 2 @WWE #GlobalCruiserweightSeries qualifiers at #Chapter29, 24/4 @EBallroomCamden! Tickets on sale 10pm 4/4!

Hopefully the GZRS win both of these, via water slide finish.

Just announced

BREAKING: Progress hosts 2 @WWE #GlobalCruiserweightSeries qualifiers at #Chapter29, 24/4 @EBallroomCamden! Tickets on sale 10pm 4/4!

How would this kind of thing work in terms of booking? Do WWE (well, Regal I suppose) just pick two Progress regulars they want to put in the tournament and then Smallman books their qualifiers?

I think WWE have probably identified 2 PROGRESS guys that they want (if it's just 2, I'd guess Zack Sabre Jr & Marty Scurll, since both also have links with PWG and EVOLVE, and WWE have scouted both places frequently, Regal attending shows), and both guys will be booked to go over. At a guess, maybe PROGRESS are responsible for finding both opponents to put them over in good matches. 

I think Scurll would be great he's had time on TV via TNA Bootcamp and been in front of Cameras etc and trained under old British Rules which would be worth picking out by commentators etc.

I think he's a good fit into this.

Along with ZSJ I don't think there is any doubt he will appear on the shows he's doing some big matches with Angle, Ciampa  etc so could be the farewell tour as such.

What about Ospreay is he off the radar now because of NJPW?

• Paid Members
What about Ospreay is he off the radar now because of NJPW?

They've name dropped Evolve, Progress and Rev Pro in the article but acknowledged that talent contracted to other organisations most likely won't be able to compete, mentioning NJPW.

As an aside, I have an irrational hatred of the use of "NJPW" as opposed to simply "New Japan." I don't care for abbreviations that would take longer to say than the actual words would. Yes, I'm broken.

Archived