WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If they're making an agreement with Lucha Underground..... would I be right in thinking Ricochet is contracted to them, and only working New Japan in an outsider/freelancer capacity?

• Paid Members

If they're making an agreement with Lucha Underground..... would I be right in thinking Ricochet is contracted to them, and only working New Japan in an outsider/freelancer capacity?

I think so. I know he quit New Japan during his last run (when he worked that match with Ibushi), because he wanted to spend time with his kid and his Lucha contract and indy bookings were paying him well enough to stay at home. I believe he can also work where ever he likes, as long as he doesnt wear the Prince Puma mask (because if he didnt wear it, you'd never be able to tell Ricochet was Prince Puma!) as long as Lucha Underground gives it the thumbs up.

I reckon, you'd pretty much have to get Ricochet for this thing. He'd be the star of it.

• Paid Members

Given the talks with LU, what about a Rey Mysterio appearance? I know the purpose of this tournament is no doubt to look to the future, but imagine Rey - the greatest cruiserweight of all-time to many - putting over somebody like ZSJ in the final. What a rub that would be.

• Paid Members

Rey will be back in WWE by then anyway I imagine. He left WWE for a big deal with AAA, and that's now either done or very close to it because AAA is on its arse and they owe him wages. So now he's trying to get back in WWE. The grass hasnt been greener for Sin Cara, Alberto or Rey when it comes to AAA. They're all finished with AAA.

With Kota Ibushi now a freelancer and not re-signing with either DDT or NJPW, i expect he's a lock for this. Akira Tozawa would be a nice addition also. With his links to Gabe and Uhaa, and the tryout he had not so long ago, i imagine he is a good shout. Either of those 2 would make for great additions.

• Paid Members

RoH guys would be ruled out of this because of the terms of their contracts, right? Or at least it would require RoH's approval?

Just thinking Dalton Castle could be a ton of fun in something like this.

• Paid Members

RoH guys would be ruled out of this because of the terms of their contracts, right? Or at least it would require RoH's approval?

Just thinking Dalton Castle could be a ton of fun in something like this.

TNA stink is too recent for Dalton, I'd say.

Archived