daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Paid Members

The damage was done years ago. I cant say its self inflicted, because he is no different from thousands of wrestlers who continued on with concussions in his era. If he'd have had these level of tests in 2009, he probably would have been working in TNA as Bryan Wolfe, teaming with Desmond as the "Grrrr Brothers."

What I find interesting is CM Punk is as banged up as he is and he's older. Would Punk pass a medical if he wanted to come back? Punk's had a fractured skull before and came back months earlier.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Punk had the same tests Bryan's had, he might have to pull out of his UFC fight (rather than just postponing it all the time). Ziggler might be out as well, if he had them. Who knows who else? The ex-football lads must have had a few each. The roster could take a right knock if this new testing went company-wide.

Has Steve Austin talked much about his own concussions? Sometimes he sounds like a right idiot, but I don't know if it was always the case and he just never had a podcast before, or if he's starting to feel the effects of the headshots he took in his career.

• Paid Members

Do you have any gay friends? I ask because I'd be incredibly embarrassed to be in the company of somebody using the word gay to denote something bad or as an insult, in the company of a gay person. Most people grow out of that sort of thing when they hit their late teens.

To chip in here I worked and went out fairly regularly with a couple of homosexual chaps and they never had any issue with it.

There was a sort of distinction between it's use in two terms that they understood, although I was concerned about it until I knew how they felt. A sort of there and their thing. One of them used it similarly out of work to describe stuff that was a mild irritant like an unexpected queue at the bar or taxi drivers having a fuss because one of the group was a bit drunk.

There was a bloke there who didn't see it like that too.

Mind I used to sit by a bloke and a woman who had a running thing of one called the other "desi" and getting labelled "coconut" in return, so I don't know how good a benchmark that place was.

• Paid Members

Has Steve Austin talked much about his own concussions? Sometimes he sounds like a right idiot, but I don't know if it was always the case and he just never had a podcast before, or if he's starting to feel the effects of the headshots he took in his career.

On his show Austin regularly apologises for his poor memory, blaming it on 'too many steel chair shots to the head', but in all likelihood the booze and manic schedule he was on at the time are probably equally accountable for why he doesn't remember specific matches that happened eighteen or so years ago. Aside from the bad memory I think he seems pretty sharp for an old wrestler.

• Awards Moderator

I think Austin has deteriorated but not to the point where he's going to go out without his pants on. He's had a fair few digs and acknowledges he's suffered as a result, but he seems like he's pretty switched on when he's in full flow.

Saying that, his voiceover on the 2K16 ads makes him sound like a five year old auditioning for the school play.

• 1 month later...

Apparently, Daniel Bryan's Appreciation Night at MSG is cancelled and he's been pulled for the UK tour. Nobody seems to know what's going on there. Seems like there's a story there.

WrestlingInc are saying he requested time off and it was granted. Seems a bit weird though.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0322/608848/why-wwe-has-postponed-daniel-bryan-wwe-appreciation-night/

Mustve been a fall out somewhere i imagine. Potentiallly WWE advertised Bryan and tried to make him.do these events but he's at peace and just doesnt want to.

Hope there's nothing too serious going on thats led to that request though.

Archived