daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cant say anything that hasnt already been said. The man is tremendous. A real good bloke, who got a send off that he deserved for all his hard work. Before Raw, I actually thoughts we'd see him wrestling Kurt Angle on a show promoted by a money mark somewhere in 2016, but Bryan is so genuine, I believe he's done. What a man.

Did anyone see Vince and Titus O'Neil have a bit of a playful happy shoving match when they were leaving the stage? It was the oddest thing. Big fucking grins on their faces.

So how did he escape the 50/50 everyone is a midcarder booking and become a star?

Is it just because he's so incredibly likeable? It's hard to explain it but he just comes across as the nicest guy in the world.

You could perhaps argue that Bryan is an example of it not being the writing that's the problem, but the talent. He put 110% into everything he was given not matter how shit it was. 

• Paid Members

So how did he escape the 50/50 everyone is a midcarder booking and become a star?

Is it just because he's so incredibly likeable? It's hard to explain it but he just comes across as the nicest guy in the world.

You could perhaps argue that Bryan is an example of it not being the writing that's the problem, but the talent. He put 110% into everything he was given not matter how shit it was. 

Nah, he'd have got nowhere in the current environment. They were still trying then. The relationship with Miz, Heel Michael Cole burying him, the link-up with AJ Lee, the "no" stuff, the 16 second title loss, the Kane team, the "yes" stuff all came together to make his character what it was. He could survive losses because he connected with people.

• Paid Members

Bryan has said the Kane angle / Team Hell No was supposed to be a quick B show feud, but because both men always got the angles over WWE kept going with it. I think he said it was after the hugging angle got a great reaction that they decided to put them together as a proper tag team.

It's what separates a Daniel Bryan from a Dolph Ziggler. WWE are usually going to give you some right ropey stuff, it's up to the individual to make it work. The best usually do.

when cole gave him a hug and said to him "i love you kid" my tears started flowing.

I wasn't crying, but I did find that moment really touching. Obviously Cole was just being fed lines during the NXT angle, but you felt he actually meant that. As opposed to JBL who you don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth

Didn't really watch him much in the WWE (lost interest years ago), but I'll always remember him at the start of Ring of Honor in 2002. Some of the matches he was involved in were astounding.

I bet a good 20% of his concussions were courtesy of Low Ki at least

If it's as bad as it sounds you've got to imagine he's grateful to that doctor for sticking to his guns with his refusal to clear him.

Walking away doesn't seem easy to wrestlers even when they know they should. If he's able to do that you've got to respect him for it.

Didn't really watch him much in the WWE (lost interest years ago), but I'll always remember him at the start of Ring of Honor in 2002. Some of the matches he was involved in were astounding.

I bet a good 20% of his concussions were courtesy of Low Ki at least

Nutting a load of people and getting dropped on his head a bunch of times probably played a bigger part than getting kicked by someone wearing kickpads... 

Anyway, he seems a lovely bloke, and I'm glad he got out before going full Benoit.

Archived