daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if WWE weren't getting sued for all sorts if they would have just let him get on with it. Hopefully it's all storyline, because this could potentially be the best angle on Raw since 'Taker and Lesnar had that pull apart brawl.

I'm sure in the 90's he'd have been back wrestling within a month or two. 

I'd love it if they fucked the Godawful Authority off after Mania and we had babyface GM Daniel Bryan running the shows. If they're desperate for the fans to get behind Roman maybe have that as a stip for the match at Mania with HHH.

• Paid Members

I'd love it if they fucked the Godawful Authority off after Mania and we had babyface GM Daniel Bryan running the shows.

A dashingly hansom man with a 8" chopper suggested something similar earlier today in another thread I believe.

Complete work. Midway through his "retirement" speech, I fully expect Kevin Owens to attack him from behind and powerbomb him on the apron. Set up an "injury" angle and have Bryan face Owens in an "unsanctioned" fight at Wrestlemania. Simular to HBKs return when he fought HHH at summerslam.

The LOP comments section strikes gold once again

• Paid Members

That's what I mean. He owes WWE 2 years. Retiring just to get on the indys is something I think WWE would challenge.

I don't think that logic quite works. They've paid him for his contractual period, and during that time he's wrestled and been injured; they've basically paid him to not wrestle for anyone else. Furthermore, the logic is undermined by the fact that they've had talent on payroll in the past who've been injured but have appeared on TV - that they've chosen not to make use of services under contract to them in that capacity is not his fault.

Ultimately, the contract freezing is something that could quite easily be challenged, if Bryan is feeling aggressive. If they're freezing his pay, it could be argued, taking the situation to its logical conclusion, that WWE could prevent him from earning money in wrestling ever again, way beyond the length of time he was contracted for, which I'm pretty sure could be shown to be illegal.

• Paid Members

The timing of this has made me suspicious. I know WWE hasn't exactly been a creative juggernaut lately but is this really the best time to announce the retirement of one of your most popular stars? Surely they could've held it off for a few months? This was already the most underwhelming Wrestlemania ever (at least that I can remember) and this just further detracts from it.

Also, what's the point in announcing on Twitter that he'll be announcing his retirement on Raw? Seems a bit odd really.

Complete work. Midway through his "retirement" speech, I fully expect Kevin Owens to attack him from behind and powerbomb him on the apron. Set up an "injury" angle and have Bryan face Owens in an "unsanctioned" fight at Wrestlemania. Simular to HBKs return when he fought HHH at summerslam.

KO loses his title tonight, goes ape shit in the back, bryan comes out at the end of raw to say he's ............next thing you know KO comes out and goes ape shit on bryan....end raw.

just a shame 2k16 doesn't have a story mode now

KO loses his title tonight, goes ape shit in the back, bryan comes out at the end of raw to say he's ............next thing you know KO comes out and goes ape shit on bryan....end raw.

Except, Kevin Owens doesn't hold any championships.

Except, Kevin Owens doesn't hold any championships.

ah for fucks sake

• Paid Members

That's what I mean. He owes WWE 2 years. Retiring just to get on the indys is something I think WWE would challenge.

I don't think that logic quite works. They've paid him for his contractual period, and during that time he's wrestled and been injured; they've basically paid him to not wrestle for anyone else. Furthermore, the logic is undermined by the fact that they've had talent on payroll in the past who've been injured but have appeared on TV - that they've chosen not to make use of services under contract to them in that capacity is not his fault.

Ultimately, the contract freezing is something that could quite easily be challenged, if Bryan is feeling aggressive. If they're freezing his pay, it could be argued, taking the situation to its logical conclusion, that WWE could prevent him from earning money in wrestling ever again, way beyond the length of time he was contracted for, which I'm pretty sure could be shown to be illegal.

I agree. But my point is logic doesn't seem to apply to WWE. I would be surprised if he is actually retiring. If it is just to get out his contract and he signs up elsewhere WWE will probably throw some legal suit at him...if only to stop him wrestling on "their" time.

Still think it's a work. I'm retiring. Bong. I'm retiring. Him & Taker at Mania.

Archived