daniel bryan retires

Loligan

Never forget, Low Ki once staged an in ring protest at a CZW show and a security guard walked out and cradled him like a child a carried him to the back. Look at him. He looks like a little baby. Funniest picture ever. He thinks he's so fucking hard and a security guard just picked him up like a little child and couldnt do anything about it.

34fd7qu.jpg

Whats the story behind this? I mean, why the protest?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryan and Christopher Daniels were obviously shit-hot back then but ROH's primary breakout star was definitely Ki. Would like him back in Japan

That's how I felt with all these tributes to Bryan thus week. He became a sensational worker, but in ROH's infancy when Styles, Daniels, Danielson, etc were looking great - I always thought of Low Ki as the top guy.

While he continued to put on great matches over the following decade, I wouldn't say there was a massive improvement from that 2002/2003 ROH run.

Compare that to how much better Bryan, Styles, Joe, Aries, Punk etc got over the next 10 years and it seems he never fulfilled his potential.

Bryan and Christopher Daniels were obviously shit-hot back then but ROH's primary breakout star was definitely Ki. Would like him back in Japan

That's how I felt with all these tributes to Bryan thus week. He became a sensational worker, but in ROH's infancy when Styles, Daniels, Danielson, etc were looking great - I always thought of Low Ki as the top guy.

While he continued to put on great matches over the following decade, I wouldn't say there was a massive improvement from that 2002/2003 ROH run.

Compare that to how much better Bryan, Styles, Joe, Aries, Punk etc got over the next 10 years and it seems he never fulfilled his potential.

I reckon it's presentation with him. WWE made him look like a right goon, seen that clip of him freestyling on the old NXT in what looks like a yellow scuba diving suit. And TNA don't know how to present a powerpoint and had him in a shambles of a gangsta faction. He should only speak aggressively. He's not 'cool', he's definitely not likeable. Decent gear is key too. I doubt he's as good as he was but judging by that 2013 (I think) Wrestle Kingdom triple threat, he can still go.

What did Low-Ki do to cause such offence in New Japan? Cheers!

ADDED: Low-Ki had such a ridiculous voice too.

He was told not to do the Hitman 47 gimmick and did it anyway and came to the ring with replica silverballer pistols.

Never forget, Low Ki once staged an in ring protest at a CZW show and a security guard walked out and cradled him like a child a carried him to the back. Look at him. He looks like a little baby. Funniest picture ever. He thinks he's so fucking hard and a security guard just picked him up like a little child and couldnt do anything about it.

34fd7qu.jpg

Whats the story behind this? I mean, why the protest?

It was a 3-way ladder match between Low Ki, Ric Blade & Joey Mercury. Blade & Mercury did a table spot which legit hurt Blade, so some of the match was cut out. Low Ki was by the ring selling and didn't see it happen, so they were all down. Low Ki gets up and starts going crazy thinking he's being screwed over, so tries to get all of his moves in. He wouldn't calm down so they scooped him up and took him to the back.

It was a 3-way ladder match between Low Ki, Ric Blade & Joey Mercury. Blade & Mercury did a table spot which legit hurt Blade, so some of the match was cut out. Low Ki was by the ring selling and didn't see it happen, so they were all down. Low Ki gets up and starts going crazy thinking he's being screwed over, so tries to get all of his moves in. He wouldn't calm down so they scooped him up and took him to the back.

Haha. What a fucking tool.

He apparently kicked the fuck out of a young Drake Younger during a match too.

• Paid Members

I was watching Big Ron Manager on youtube earlier. "What's this got to do with this thread" you ask? Well you know how youtube now that that auto skip for the next recommended video? I wasnt paying attention, as I was reading the Daniel Bryan story in the latest Observer. Its a fantastic article. Covers his whole career and why he decided to pack wrestling in, when he was planning on doing a mask vs hair match in CMLL if he got his release. When I finished the article, for some reason Lizzie Cundy's fucking showreel was on my screen, and she was all smiley and weird looking. At half 2 in the morning that fucking frightened me. I may never think of Daniel Bryan again without thinking of an aging ex-WAG.

Archived