daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullshit.

It'll be like when Mark Henry retired. He'll split Cena's wig and we can all move on.

Seriously though, it is strange. Especially after all the effort he put into getting cleared and all the rumblings of him going back to the indies. I'll believe it when I see it, I guess.

Also, this is too soon after he's shaved his babyface beard. I'm calling heel turn. Possibly.

• Paid Members

He apparently handed his notice in a few weeks back and was told he didnt have the right to according to those mental WWE contracts. I'd bet any money in the world we havent seen his last match. For WWE, definitely. But his mentality is that he's fit enough to wrestle and wrestling is what he loves to do. So he'll be back somewhere. He's pretty much a modern day Kurt Angle.

• Paid Members

Must be a work? If he's retiring like Ric Flair did and comes back he'll still have to wait until the years run down on it surely?

Or the WWE could sue him? Must just be a work to get the post NFL ratings up.

• Paid Members

Anything is possible in wrestling, but they dont seem to be the type of company that wants to work a retirement angle for a guy with brain injuries that have kept them from putting him in the ring for almost a year. The head and the spine are two super serious subjects they usually dont want people to even question the validity of.

• Paid Members

Must be a work? If he's retiring like Ric Flair did and comes back he'll still have to wait until the years run down on it surely?

Or the WWE could sue him?

On what grounds? That an independent contractor wants to retire because they wont use him? WWE would get murdered if anyone read one of those contracts who wasnt dribbling.

• Paid Members

I just think if they know he's going to wrestle again regardless of what they want saying he's "retired" isn't going to wash if and when he pops up in ROH in a few months time is it?

That's time the WWE could have been selling merchandise etc. I'm not saying that's correct or right...just that it would be a bit of a con if that's the case. Deny him a release and then he retires and works for the (inferior) competition.

• Paid Members

Performance Centre should be his immediate next stop.

What would be the point? Anything they taught him there, he wouldn't be able to put to use now.

:laugh:

Archived