daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Moderators

You know, I was talking about this on twitter yesterday - Was APW King of the Indies the most important tournament of the past 20-25 years or so? It basically was the start of what the indies turned into, and down the road WWE main event style.You had the West Coast guys, a UK guy, East Coast guys, they mixed it all up and made what we see today. A lot of modern wrestling is owed to Danielson, Ki, Doug Williams, Spanky, Styles, Daniels, Modest, Morgan, Joe and the rest.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He was training Eva Marie and doing cameos on Total Divas last time I saw him. I think the gist is he's a good trainer but doesn't want to move to Florida. At least that was my impression.

Re - King of the Indies, is it actually worth tracking down? Never got round to it at the time.

• Paid Members

I don't mind the 'No, No, No' chant. It's part of his character.

Chanting 'one more match' at a man who has been told by doctors his brain is wrecked and could be ( I assume) very dangerous if he carries on wrestling is just stupid though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I know it's not a huge deal - I just thought some of the chants were a bit annoying and stupid. As if he was out there deciding whether or not to retire and a chant was going to convince him to stay - this wasn't a storyline promo.

That's just a small minority of fans though. They don't give a shot if a guys brain might get scrambled so as they get what they want. I imagine the vast majority of the crowd knew exactly that this was it for him and gave him the proper send off, the rest can go back to campaigning for Benoit to be in the Hall of Fame

• Paid Members

I've asked before but when did chanting become a thing. Obviously there's always been cheers, boos and a few random calls but when did all the dual chanting, fans trying to get chants started thing explode? Is it an evolution of the ECW 'We want tables', 'Holy Shit' and 'One More time' chants?

• Paid Members

Funnily enough with Herbie in the thread, International Showdown with the Styles vs Daniels match was the first time I noticed people doing duelling chants but very clearly not being bothered whether or not the guy they were chanting for won or lost.

• Paid Members

Funnily enough with Herbie in the thread, International Showdown with the Styles vs Daniels match was the first time I noticed people doing duelling chants but very clearly not being bothered whether or not the guy they were chanting for won or lost.

Some people were even doing the entire chant - not even alternating with anyone. Ugh...

• Paid Members

Bollocks. I was shouting "AJ STYLES!" as loud as I could, and I was desperate for him to win. My heart caught in my throat when he hit the Clash because in spite of my smark logic (TNA having a PPV the week after) I was convinced he was winning the belt.

Archived