daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bi and took no offence to the gay comment from herbie. Everyone knows what he meant, a typical woofter acting like a woman. This forum is the fucking Pc brigade, it's pathetic. Grow some balls and some thicker skin, stop getting up in arms about people saying spastic and calling crying gay or whatever it is on forums. If he used the term retard would it be as offensive? Because it's the same thing.

On another note, I never followed much of his WWE career but as much as I like Bryan, I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. Self inflicted

Well I have a girlfriend but we are both bi. Fair enough if you think retard is as offensive, most people dont. I do t th nk either is offensive, I understand why it would be if you heard it face to face but it seems to me of you get offended by that shit online your the same kind of person who is disgusted by Eminem and south Park. And that is probably the worst kind.

PC brigade.  I love that term.  Its like political correctness is a bad word. 

Political correctness:  the avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

Not only that but its lazy.  If all people can come up with is, I cried like a woman, or I'm such a gay, its pretty unimaginative. As is the grow some thick ball skin or whatever it is people say.  It's a forum based on words, lets be creative. 

P.S I love South Park, the offense from that is very different and the writers are clever in the way they use it.  

Fair enough, Pc brigade isn't the best term, but there's a difference between calling someone a faggot and saying someone's being gay for crying or doing something effeminate.

I know he was being ignorant in your eyes but to be offended by him but not by someone else using the same word because you find it funny seems a little contradictory to me. Unless he's a proper gay bashing homophobe, that is.

Do you have any gay friends? I ask because I'd be incredibly embarrassed to be in the company of somebody using the word gay to denote something bad or as an insult, in the company of a gay person. Most people grow out of that sort of thing when they hit their late teens.

Do you have any gay friends? I ask because I'd be incredibly embarrassed to be in the company of somebody using the word gay to denote something bad or as an insult, in the company of a gay person. Most people grow out of that sort of thing when they hit their late teens.

I obviously just don't take comments on forums in the same way as you guys. Sorry, I understand what you mean but I don't see the need to pull people up about it every time they do it online. Do you know this herbie and the gay person personally? Does it embarrass you that he says it? I don't normally give a shit but some people on here a bit touchy at times.

If a girl does something typically feminine and says "I'm such a girl", does that belittle the rest of their gender?

Is matt Stone and trey Parker insulting transgenders okay because it's funny, and someone saying something childish on a forum isn't?

It doesn't matter anyway guys, I apologise for taking things off topic, I'm on the last night of my annual winter break and I've had a few, the gfs out cold so I'm a bit bored.

It's a shame wee Daniel couldn't have grown some thick ball skin mentioned above and wrapped it around his head. Then he wouldn't have hurtied his head sports entertaining us.

But seriously, it is a shame he retired, but as said above, it is largely self inflicted. Why would anybody come back from a serious neck injury and then almost straight away throw themselves on their heads in a Smackdown match? For all the talk of being a great wrestler it seems he never learned any lessons from any injury and was completely reckless. There's been a lot of talk of his IQ etc. but a lot of smart people have been piss poor at the simplest tasks in life. I wonder how many concussions Arn Anderson had, or gave other workers.

The speech was well done and tinged with sadness if you take it for what it is. But thinking about it any more deeply at all and of how much they obviously hate his popularity behind the scenes and are not doubt glad he's no longer around to be cheered, it was so disingenuous. Much like when they released Jim Ross and HGH tweets "best in the business" - then why in God's name are you getting rid of them.

The speech was also completely selfish.

I hadn't thought about that until the Observer linked to the video of woman wrestler Carlos Armano's retirement speech from last year. She also had to retire due to brain injuries. In this, she talks of people that have died and how they ignored it and just kept going on doing whatever they want and who people need to think. It's a must watch and has English subtitles:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2w4oj2_english-subtitles-carlos-amano-retirement-speech-oz-academy_sport

^Can that be embedded?

And if that wasn't enough, one of my favorites of all time, Hayabusa has a note in the 15/02/16 Observer about this:

"Pro wrestlers train their bodies and hone their skills at bumping, so they can take any move their opponent uses.

Very rarely do we get injured by a move on its own.

But the sad truth is that, these days, there are many moves being used which just don’t make sense logically; moves which require too much risk.

There are also many matches which focus more on use of thrilling moves, instead of putting over the impact of each and every move. I think this trend is very strong with wrestlers from overseas, those who grew up watching tapes of recent Japanese matches.

Wrestling isn’t all about moves. It’s a form of entertainment where the characters portrayed by the wrestlers, and the pacing between the moves, are to be enjoyed.

It’s not about striking fear into the hearts of fans. It’s not about using dangerous moves and risky offense that leaves them wondering, “Couldn’t they get hurt doing that?”

While it may be true that these dangerous moves and risky offense are sure to pop a crowd, it’s a slippery slope.

Going too far down that path could cause another unfortunate tragedy to occur in the ring.

As one of the people who started this trend of dangerous moves and risky offense, I sincerely hope that wrestlers gain the courage and skills to abstain from relying on them."

Hayabusa broke his neck doing a Lionsault and almost 14 years later can just about barely shuffle about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbOv9mZqt8

When you hear about PWG guys taking reverse huricanranas in match after match for a crowd of a few hundred, all moaning about not selling etc aside, it is very scary. Huge risks are becoming the norm and are also being taken for smaller and smaller gains.

Daniel Bryan is okay, because he has made good money and is going to get a nice salary for a while for little work. It's a shame that he couldn't give a warning message to others too, rather than it just be sad about how we won't see him anymore. I know they wouldn't like him to say it, but I wonder if it crossed his mind.

Archived