daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the rumours going around are great. My favourite is Roman banging Brie. Bryan can't even do a revenge storyline like Matt Hardy though, poor bloke.

What a way to turn Roman heel! That could be a years worth of storylines as Bryan tries to find former indie bros to take Roman down on his behalf before dying in the ring at next years Mania

He wasnt at Johnny Ace and the Momma Bella's wedding either. A big tour of England, fair enough. Missing a wedding for your wifes mother is a worry.

Really?

From watching last night's doc it just seemed he needed time away from the business.

I guess something else might have happened since retiring to alter recent plans. Whatever it is I wish him all the best.

Fresh from The Observer:

"Bryan Danielson was training Jiu Jitsu with UFC fighter Bryan Barbarena on 3/29 at The MMA Lab in Glendale, AZ." 

And some very interesting notes that Bryan now says he suffered a concussion in Dallas on April 7, 2015 at the Smackdown tapings. Why is that important:

"In all prior interviews, even in his autobiography, he had previously claimed the concussion came two nights later, on the first night of the tour, while wrestling in Dublin, Ireland."

He went on to do "seven matches in six days after suffering the concussion."

By changing the concussion date to the Smackdown tapings it makes the WWE look bad for knowingly sending him on the Euro tour. 

"the actual concussion spot in the main event of the Smackdown show was edited off television. The only people who saw it were the fans in the arena, and a handful of others who did see it." "Sheamus was in the corner, on the apron, and kicked Bryan hard in the temple." "Barrett, went over to pick Bryan up, but Bryan was hurt. Everyone knew something was wrong."

"It should be noted that the doctor who discovered those results did not give an opinion that he should retire, only that he should undergo further regular monthly testing to see if that healed before making a decision whether or not to return to the ring."

He seems like an upright fella, and from watching him for a few years he doesn't seem like the type that would want to put a spotlight on himself by going to multiple towns to retire over and over - especially if he thinks there's even a chance he'll be back.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't back within two years or less, can't be in WWE though, probably head butting Iishi.

If they gave him a few more months training with MMA guys he could face Punk in the UFC. That would be a hell of a match, eh? Two concussion-riddled white belts leathering each other in front of a TV audience of millions.

That's what's funny about it. CM Punk's had countless concussions and a fractured skull. This guy is so broken down, he'd be lucky to pass a medical to wrestle again, never mind fight.

Sorry to drag the discussion off-topic, but it'll be very interesting to see if Punk is actually cleared and given a licence to fight.

That's what's funny about it. CM Punk's had countless concussions and a fractured skull. This guy is so broken down, he'd be lucky to pass a medical to wrestle again, never mind fight.

Sorry to drag the discussion off-topic, but it'll be very interesting to see if Punk is actually cleared and given a licence to fight.

Drag away! Who they pass and don't pass for injuries and concussions will be the big thing in the future, if it isn't already.

Remember a few years back when any jabronie and his brother was doing a shoot interview, or three, only a few years into their careers? One of the things they often boasted about was the amount of concussions they had. Now they didn't say it was necessarily a great thing, but used them to show how tough they were.

Well, I suppose they would rather than say they're clueless about how to work and have to do bumps to make up for it.

Punk likely won't ever even make it to the point of a physical being needed. An ego that big needs attention and he'll be back soon enough too.

I thought Punk had a fight lined up for September?

There's sod all lined up for him at present. He's just had back surgery and can hardly train at all apparently.

Truth is, the kid who won the right to fight him will fuck him up in one round.

• Paid Members

I find the whole Punk thing so bonkers, because he quite evidently is not very athletic at all. This is on top of his body being held together with Pritt-Stick.

Who is athletic here? Malbranque is I think. I'm firmly convinced that Scott Malbranque would beat the piss into Punk after a few month's of training.

Archived