Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

• 2 months later...

Finally gave in and got one of these sticks for £9.99, as Amazon have a deal going where you sign up to a Audible 3 month free trial you get a tenner off voucher for anything sold by Amazon. You can cancel the Audible sub straight away.

Had a few Android devices in the past but always end up jumping back to Windows for Kodi. Currently running my own custom "build" based on the Titan skin on i5 laptop which just lives behind tv. Just seems to run much smoother. Noticed addons like Exodus/Specto/Salts returning more links via Windows than Android too. Highly recommend using a trakt.tv account too to sync your viewing between addons/creating watchlists etc. 

Any people on here using paid subs for sports/live tv? Free addons just dropping a lot in quality lately. Vidtime's decent but seems to be more focused on US/CA sport channels.

Kodi_zpsqvud49pk.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

Can anyone help with a beginner's guide to Kodi for Android? The app is freely available now, and I gather to get all the piratey goodness you have to subscribe to a video stream... or something.

Weirdly, my technophobe Dad's Android-based TV had the Kodi app right there on the screen, he booted it up and off he went.

Any guide I manage to find talks about sideloading the app, and mucking about with Fusion or something. 

If you've already got the app on your Android device, follow this guide to install the Addon Installer. 

• Open Kodi
  • Select SYSTEM > File Manager
  • Select Add Source
  • Select None
  • Type the following EXACTLY http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and select Done
  • Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source & type fusion
  • Select OK
  • Go back to your Home Screen
  • Select SYSTEM
  • Select Add-Ons
  • Select Install from zip file
  • Select fusion
  • Select xbmc-repos
  • Select start-here
  • Select plugin.program.addoninstaller-x.x.x.zip
  • Wait for Add-on enabled notification

The Add-On Installer is now installed and ready to use. As usual the add-on can be accessed viaPROGRAMS > Add-Ons > Add-On Installer.

From there, you can use that program to install a bunch of video addons, such as cCloud and Phoenix, really easily. Forget about sideloading the app, if you have it already. Once the Addon Installer is installed, the rest is a piece of cake. If you are looking for particular content, a quick 'Kodi *whatever* addon' search will do the job. Follow the same kind method as above (although you'll likely find an easy to follow guide when you search for it), and it's plain sailing.

Double check you can actually put Kodi on whichever Apple TV you're looking to buy beforehand, because you can't jailbreak a lot of them which is required to install Kodi. I've got an Apple TV 3 and I can't jailbreak that.

yeh they've found a way with Apple TV 4, will report back once my USB A to C cable is delivered and I have a go