Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

Getting the Acestream apk engine onto the Firestick is the awkward bit. I did it through creating a shared folder with 'share with everybody permissions' on my desktop with the  Acestream apk in it and using ES Explorer's network search on the fire stick to find the folder and install it that way. Depending on what PC/Laptop you're using and what sort of network setup you have, that might be awkward.

Once I got in on I just followed this video about how to set it up. You could also try to install the apk like the lad in the video does, but I couldn't get it to work that way, so used the share folder idea I had instead.

hello mate ive got Plexus & castaway to work cannot work out how to install Acestream I know where to download the engine from for this but cannot work out what to do from the you tube you posted I have installed stuff before via the ES explorer and direct on the firestick could you talk me though how you got acesteam to work any help would be appreciated 

1.If you have a Windows (I'm using Win 8.1, your steps might look slightly different if using another version)laptop and connect to the the internet via Wifi then create a folder on your desktop, called it 'Firestick'.

2.Download the Acestream engine apk file from here: http://wiki.acestream.org/wiki/index.php/AceStream_3.0/en#Android

3. Put the Acestream Engine APK file into the 'Firestick' folder you created on your desktop earlier.

4. Right click the 'Firestick' folder on your desktop and click properties.

5. In the properties menu, click the 'Sharing' tab and then click the 'Advanced Sharing' button

6. In the advanced sharing menu, click 'Permissions' and then the 'Add' button

7. In the select users and groups menu type "Everyone" in the 'enter object name' box then click OK

8. In the permissions for everyone menu, tick the 'Allow Full Control' box and then click 'Apply' and 'Ok'

9. In advanced permissions menu hit apply and ok.

10. On your Firestick go to ES explorer and scroll down to the Network button

11. In network menu hit, click LAN and then the scan button and wait few minutes til scan is complete.

12. You should see the name of the laptop you used to create the 'Firestick' folder, click it and login using the account username and password for you account on the laptop.

13. You should see a few folders including the 'Firestick' folder you created earlier, click the Firestick folder

14. You should see the Acestream APK file, click it and it will download to your firestick, wait til it finishes.

15. Exit ES explorer and go back to the Firestick Home Menu.

16. Scroll down to Apps and you should see the Acestream logo, click it and Acestream will install and the engine will launch.

17: Follow instructiond from 5:10 to 6:30 in video below to set up Acestream in Kodi.

Getting the Acestream apk engine onto the Firestick is the awkward bit. I did it through creating a shared folder with 'share with everybody permissions' on my desktop with the  Acestream apk in it and using ES Explorer's network search on the fire stick to find the folder and install it that way. Depending on what PC/Laptop you're using and what sort of network setup you have, that might be awkward.

Once I got in on I just followed this video about how to set it up. You could also try to install the apk like the lad in the video does, but I couldn't get it to work that way, so used the share folder idea I had instead.

hello mate ive got Plexus & castaway to work cannot work out how to install Acestream I know where to download the engine from for this but cannot work out what to do from the you tube you posted I have installed stuff before via the ES explorer and direct on the firestick could you talk me though how you got acesteam to work any help would be appreciated 

1.If you have a Windows (I'm using Win 8.1, your steps might look slightly different if using another version)laptop and connect to the the internet via Wifi then create a folder on your desktop, called it 'Firestick'.

2.Download the Acestream engine apk file from here: http://wiki.acestream.org/wiki/index.php/AceStream_3.0/en#Android

3. Put the Acestream Engine APK file into the 'Firestick' folder you created on your desktop earlier.

4. Right click the 'Firestick' folder on your desktop and click properties.

5. In the properties menu, click the 'Sharing' tab and then click the 'Advanced Sharing' button

6. In the advanced sharing menu, click 'Permissions' and then the 'Add' button

7. In the select users and groups menu type "Everyone" in the 'enter object name' box then click OK

8. In the permissions for everyone menu, tick the 'Allow Full Control' box and then click 'Apply' and 'Ok'

9. In advanced permissions menu hit apply and ok.

10. On your Firestick go to ES explorer and scroll down to the Network button

11. In network menu hit, click LAN and then the scan button and wait few minutes til scan is complete.

12. You should see the name of the laptop you used to create the 'Firestick' folder, click it and login using the account username and password for you account on the laptop.

13. You should see a few folders including the 'Firestick' folder you created earlier, click the Firestick folder

14. You should see the Acestream APK file, click it and it will download to your firestick, wait til it finishes.

15. Exit ES explorer and go back to the Firestick Home Menu.

16. Scroll down to Apps and you should see the Acestream logo, click it and Acestream will install and the engine will launch.

17: Follow instructiond from 5:10 to 6:30 in video below to set up Acestream in Kodi.

thank you for this will try it shortly 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

So, I've had an Amazon Fire Stick for ages now but the only thing I ever really use it for is the WWE Network. I've just installed Kodi on it and would like to be able to watch all the football I don't already get on Sky with it. Where do I begin? I've read through this thread and a few other bits and pieces online, but there's a lot of information and it's mostly very confusing to be honest, because I'm shit at all this stuff.

If I just want to use Kodi to watch footy streams, do I need to be using a paid-for VPN? I mean, I barely even understand what that even means so I want that explaining to me. If the answer to that is yes, what does this mean for my regular internet usage?

So, I've had an Amazon Fire Stick for ages now but the only thing I ever really use it for is the WWE Network. I've just installed Kodi on it and would like to be able to watch all the football I don't already get on Sky with it. Where do I begin? I've read through this thread and a few other bits and pieces online, but there's a lot of information and it's mostly very confusing to be honest, because I'm shit at all this stuff.

If I just want to use Kodi to watch footy streams, do I need to be using a paid-for VPN? I mean, I barely even understand what that even means so I want that explaining to me. If the answer to that is yes, what does this mean for my regular internet usage?

I don't use a VPN. I mean, I don't know if I should be, and I'm sure someone will tell you if you do, but I don't have any problems with not doing so. 

As for football streams, I've had decent success with SportsDevil. It's really easy to install, and after that, more football than you can shake a stick at!

I don't use a VPN. I mean, I don't know if I should be, and I'm sure someone will tell you if you do, but I don't have any problems with not doing so.

As for football streams, I've had decent success with SportsDevil. It's really easy to install, and after that, more football than you can shake a stick at!

Which streams on sportsdevil do you find have the best quality? I'm always drawn to firstrow but the quality is always shit

If you're not using P2P style streaming (AceStream/Plexus), then a VPN isn't a necessity. Stuff like SportsDevil for the most part will be perfectly fine as you're just receiving the stream, not simultaneously uploading it as is the case with P2P. 

As for other alternatives, I don't use many free add-ons as I use a paid Kodi addon (haven't the patience to be jumping around for links and just want my channels to work there and then haha). But stuff like UK Turk, Moneysports and Phoenix are decent options along with SportsDevil.

UK Turk - https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-uk-turks-playlists-kodi-xbmc/

MoneySports - https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-money-sports-video-add-on-kodi/

Phoenix - https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-phoenix-for-xbmc/

Acestream + Castaway is the best for watching footie. Sportsdevil and the like way too laggy and poor quality for my liking. Castaway has a handy function where you enter the URL of Reddit soccerstreams and it composes a list full of acestream links to all the live matches. HD quality and no interruptions. No searching about for streams. 

I use a free Amazon AWS cloud VPN on my router seeing as Acestream is P2P.

https://www.webdigi.co.uk/blog/2015/how-to-setup-your-own-private-secure-free-vpn-on-the-amazon-aws-cloud-in-10-minutes

Edited by DCW

Follow this guide:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/

Then install Ares Build. It will have everything you will need, Exodus, other apps, sportsdevil etc.

And the easiest way to get apk's installed on the firestick is via Dropbox / Google Drive - Install ES File Explorer, Cloud -> Add Dropbox

Then on PC save all the APK's you want to install in to a folder on your Dropbox. Access via ES File Explorer and install each APK. Easy.

• 4 weeks later...

To hack into an Amazon Firestick to install Kodi and all that good stuff, do you need to enter your Amazon account details?

My brother has just asked me to give him my details in order to set one up for my wife as a Xmas present.

But he is a notorious bullshitter, so I don't know if he's just trying to get into my Amazon account or not.