Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

Acestream and Plexus combined with the Castaway add on is the way to go with Kodi. Was fed up with inconsistent streams using the likes of Champion Sports and Sports Devil, so finally sat down and sideloaded the Acestream engine onto my Firestick this afternoon. Works flawlessly with no lag, interruptions etc. Watched the NBC feed of Liverpool/Hull and now waiting for Arsenal/Chelsea, raging I was too lazy to not do this earlier.

Edited by DCW

Acestream and Plexus combined with the Castaway add on is the way to go with Kodi. Was fed up with inconsistent streams using the likes of Champion Sports and Sports Devil, so finally sat down and sideloaded the Acestream engine onto my Firestick this afternoon. Works flawlessly with no lag, interruptions etc. Watched the NBC feed of Liverpool/Hull and now waiting for Arsenal/Chelsea, raging I was too lazy to not do this earlier.

Hi DCW can you tell me the best way to load Acestream & plexus on my firestick I have installed kodi and castaway but have a lot of inconsistent streams/pausing ect when trying to watch things like UFC live ect via castaway addon

Getting the Acestream apk engine onto the Firestick is the awkward bit. I did it through creating a shared folder with 'share with everybody permissions' on my desktop with the  Acestream apk in it and using ES Explorer's network search on the fire stick to find the folder and install it that way. Depending on what PC/Laptop you're using and what sort of network setup you have, that might be awkward.

Once I got in on I just followed this video about how to set it up. You could also try to install the apk like the lad in the video does, but I couldn't get it to work that way, so used the share folder idea I had instead.

Edited by DCW

Getting the Acestream apk engine onto the Firestick is the awkward bit. I did it through creating a shared folder with 'share with everybody permissions' on my desktop with the  Acestream apk in it and using ES Explorer's network search on the fire stick to find the folder and install it that way. Depending on what PC/Laptop you're using and what sort of network setup you have, that might be awkward.

Once I got in on I just followed this video about how to set it up. You could also try to install the apk like the lad in the video does, but I couldn't get it to work that way, so used the share folder idea I had instead.

hello mate ive got Plexus & castaway to work cannot work out how to install Acestream I know where to download the engine from for this but cannot work out what to do from the you tube you posted I have installed stuff before via the ES explorer and direct on the firestick could you talk me though how you got acesteam to work any help would be appreciated 

• Awards Moderator

From there, you can use that program to install a bunch of video addons, such as cCloud and Phoenix, really easily. Forget about sideloading the app, if you have it already. Once the Addon Installer is installed, the rest is a piece of cake. If you are looking for particular content, a quick 'Kodi *whatever* addon' search will do the job. Follow the same kind method as above (although you'll likely find an easy to follow guide when you search for it), and it's plain sailing.

Thanks, feline boxers. This worked a treat!

All this talk about Kodi and football and film streams has got me interested. I've never really looked into it before but have read through most of this thread so have a basic understanding.

Whats the best way to get started? Obviously I need an android player but is it best to buy a Amazon Fire TV box (as I read the sticks don't have the processing power) or is there another box people would recommend?

Is it then just a case of following some of the guides above and on YouTube to get Kodi onto it and then get the various add ons?

I would only be looking to use it for football/UFC streams and possibly films but already have Netflix and Amazon Prime subs and they are both viewable on my TV through my Xbox One so not sure if a Amazon Fire Box is more than I need (as I wouldn't use Prime, iPlayer or anything like that through it)

For you guys using AceStreams/Plexus make sure you protect yourselves with a VPN as it's P2P streaming so you're dropping your IP out there for anyone to see. Cracking deal on StackSocial atm for VPNUnlimited, worked out around £21 for a lifetime acc with them, been using it for 6 months now and it's been perfect. Android/Windows/Apple apps available for it too.

For you guys using AceStreams/Plexus make sure you protect yourselves with a VPN as it's P2P streaming so you're dropping your IP out there for anyone to see. Cracking deal on StackSocial atm for VPNUnlimited, worked out around £21 for a lifetime acc with them, been using it for 6 months now and it's been perfect. Android/Windows/Apple apps available for it too.

failed promoter do you have Ace stream if so how did you install it get it to work as I have Kodi and plexus ect but cannot work out how to install acestreams correctly

All this talk about Kodi and football and film streams has got me interested. I've never really looked into it before but have read through most of this thread so have a basic understanding.

Whats the best way to get started? Obviously I need an android player but is it best to buy a Amazon Fire TV box (as I read the sticks don't have the processing power) or is there another box people would recommend?

Is it then just a case of following some of the guides above and on YouTube to get Kodi onto it and then get the various add ons?

I would only be looking to use it for football/UFC streams and possibly films but already have Netflix and Amazon Prime subs and they are both viewable on my TV through my Xbox One so not sure if a Amazon Fire Box is more than I need (as I wouldn't use Prime, iPlayer or anything like that through it)

I had a stick and then upgraded to the fire box simply because it has a network point and I hardwired into the router - the sticks fine otherwise though (as long as your internet speeds up to scratch?)

yeh youtube/how to's via google are all over the shop, really easy to do.

i jumped the gun a bit with Apple TV 4, I've managed to get Kodi on it but none the wizards work with 17 (Krypton) and I read today you cant get 16 (Jarvis) on ATV4.

Still got my fire box for now and will keep an eye out to see when the developers move forward with Apple TV 4.

Will play around tonight to see if I can just install addons as opposed to wizards/builds and see

From there, you can use that program to install a bunch of video addons, such as cCloud and Phoenix, really easily. Forget about sideloading the app, if you have it already. Once the Addon Installer is installed, the rest is a piece of cake. If you are looking for particular content, a quick 'Kodi *whatever* addon' search will do the job. Follow the same kind method as above (although you'll likely find an easy to follow guide when you search for it), and it's plain sailing.

Thanks, feline boxers. This worked a treat!

You're very welcome. sir.

Just wanted to add, I'm loving the 'Best of British' section of TNPB (in Phoenix). Loads of classic British shows available. The missus is working her way through Goodnight Sweetheart.

Anyway, that aside...with AceStream, am I needing to input a URL for a stream each time? I might stick to SportsDevil...