Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone on here binned off Sky in favour of Kodi? If so, is it worth doing and do you really miss Sky? I'm seriously considering doing this. OK, it's nice to have Sky Sports in HD but I only really watch football and wrestling on those channels. Top that with the fact that Sky lost the Champions League to BT and I'm really tempted to switch to BT TV instead alongside my Android box with Kodi installed.

Sky only show WWE anyway. With Kodi, I can watch TNA the day after the States see it, NJPW, ROH, Lucha Underground and WWE. I suppose the only drawback is it's not always HD and some of the streams buffer but for free, I'd probably take that.

Edited by LCJ

• Paid Members

Kodi is so inconsistent for me, I'd never dream of relying on it for TV. I've used it via various Android boxes and Firesticks and each time it's a ballache. Shit quality, broken links and generally unreliable.

You must have the patience of a saint.

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

I don't have very many issues with it. Every 3pm kickoff I've watched has been perfect quality (coming from PLP) However, I've never been able to justify the insane costs of Sky Sports etc. So, for me Kodi is fine. If you're used to the ease of just having Sky Sports or whatever, you might find it annoying.

I don't have a Sky Sports package either, just the basic £20 (or whatever).

I won't get rid of Kodi as it doesn't cost anything. But I couldn't off Sky completely and rely on it solely for watching TV.

The Android Firestick covers a lot of the basic channels even without Kodi. I'm not sure what the basic Sky package has on top of the standard Freeview stuff though? Sky One and Atlantic would be the main ones I think. Depending on someone's setup/connection speed/devices, I'd think a Kodi box and a console running Now TV with a cheap entertainment pass off eBay would be preferable to a Sky subscription.