Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

• Paid Members

OK. All good now. The Beast was not really working for TV shows and movies. Theblackbox works much better.

EDIT: I was using Genisis. But it works fine with blackbox.

It depends where the add on is sourcing the stream from. A few ISPs are blocking a lot of the sources ( virgin seems to be the worst) so it looks like the box isn't doing anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm running The Beast on a Firestick & very few of the sports streams are working (Dexter TV, UK Turks etc). I only want to watch the ruddy darts. Is there something I can do to fix this (don't say subscribe to Sky) or do I need to delete it all & start again?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Those Android boxes are very hit and miss I've found. I got a quad core one a few months back and it was very tempremental and crashed a shit ton whilst always being very slow.

Get a Fire TV stick. Bargain at 20 quid and you can cast YouTube and Netflix too.

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

I scrapped 'The Beast' from my firestick & switched to Blackbox. It was still super glitchy so I cleared it all off, download the latest version of Kodi & put on the mini-beast (designed solely for Firestick) & that's working like a dream. Seeing loads of people selling Firesticks pre-loaded on facebook. £55 a pop & they're seemingly flying out. I missed a trick here.

• Paid Members

I scrapped 'The Beast' from my firestick & switched to Blackbox. It was still super glitchy so I cleared it all off, download the latest version of Kodi & put on the mini-beast (designed solely for Firestick) & that's working like a dream. Seeing loads of people selling Firesticks pre-loaded on facebook. £55 a pop & they're seemingly flying out. I missed a trick here.

That sounds more like a plan. Sorry, but do you have a good place to be able to find Kodi. I am so out of touch. I was using Napstar on one of the first ADSL connections in the UK back in 1999. I have gone from pirate to landlubber

• Paid Members

I used a combination of instructional vids from youtube and got the latest version of kodi just from googling it. I can't post links to youtube etc from the office but search youtube for 'the beast kodi instructional' & it shouldn't take long. It was an Asian sounding guy doing the tutorial if that helps any? If you can't find it (should be easy enough) I'll post links tonight.

edit : http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-2-isengard-final-release/- Kodi Download

- How To Edited by Dead Mike