Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

• Paid Members

Hello. So it seems the Exodus add on is the new Genesis. Which is great. But does anyone know how I go about installing it on my black box build? I can't work it out. I'm thinking I may have to try out a new build. Or maybe just wipe the whole thing and create my own build.

I did cancel sky sports about 3 months ago for kodi/the beast and haven't regretted it since. I kept sky for recording freeview/Atlantic etc and for SSN.

The new kodi 16 and beast 1.6 had a few top addons for sky sports which is the only thing I use it for. It also has Spector/velocity/exodus for tv and film but I still tend to stream via Beamer.

For BT sports, I stream via iPhone and Apple TV so that's never an issue.

I do have to fiddle about a bit more now as opposed to just pressing 402 (or is it 401?) like I used to but it's saving me £50 a month

Edited by adequate8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an over-month old thread, but I've grabbed myself an M8 Android box preloaded with Kodi.

I've loaded UKTVNow onto it, using an apk on an SD card, but I find that it struggles to play links sometimes, but mostly the girlfriend says it's 'glitchy', so it's just not streaming very well.

I've updated Google Play Services (as it told me to), but it's still sometimes out of sync with audio, or fairly stutter-y.

Any tips on how to fix it?

I got an M8 box from Amazon a few months back. Found it sluggish and it crashed a lot. Ended up sending it back in the end.

Fair. I'll give it a few more days and if it doesn't improve, I'll send it back.

Anyone have a recommendation for a different Android box? I want to stick to the android system, I like the UKTVNow app.

• Paid Members

I've had a lot less problems since I started using a Fire Stick for Kodi. Seems to work well with the lite builds. I'm using Wookie at the moment and it's the most reliable one I've found yet.

Ditto. I was having problems with Firestick Beast build but started from scratch, put the latest version of Kodi and Wookie lite & it's spot on.