Amazon Fire / Kodi

adequate8

Kodi is an app you install on the fire tv, then you install channels. There must be 100s out there but you are basically installing streams of all tv/film/sport. There's loads of how tos and it takes about an hour. They're only £35 but cracked ones on eBay for £60.

Great for prem footy, you get all the 3pm games too!

I've recently got a Fire Stick and installed Kodi. While I'm happy enough with the plethora of free HD films and TV shows, a lot of the add-ons flat-out refuse to work. For example, watching US TV is near enough impossible and the only app I got it working on (Phoenix) abruptly stopped working a few weeks ago.

• Paid Members

Kodi's great if you're using it like you would Netflix etc but it's such a hit and a miss for sports that I'm not quite ready to finally tell Sky were to stick it. Haven't tried watching live TV channels on it but what I hear from mates that do, is constant dropouts or taking so long to find a decent stream that you end up missing half the show, basically the same problem with the Sports. Still, it's definitely worth the £30 and an hour of your time.

Edited by stumobir