Hell In A Cell 2016 - predictions and ultimately, spoilers!

Slapnuts

• Paid Members

Lucha Underground without adverts is only about 40 minutes a week. And there's only about 5 minutes of him at the most on it. And Del Rio showed up half way through the season. Its impossible to overexpose someone with that amount of time. Del Rio might have more time on Raw tonight than he had all the way through Lucha Underground. He's alright in small parts, but fucking hell he was so dull before he was sacked.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never watched Lucha Underground so it's nice to get a bit of contextual understanding.At least Carlito had spitting apple in peoples' faces which was over. ADR was blaaaaand.

Watch him and Mundo from Ultima Lucha and they look like stars. Its pretty much the exact opposite of how either ever came across in WWE. Sadly it's really not a case of ADR getting good, more a case of coming across loads better in a different setting

• Paid Members

He's always been good, he's just consistently been given such boring material to work with in WWE. Let's hope it's better this time around.

Agree with this. He is a solid hand in the ring and can have some brilliant matches and I also think he has a decent amount of charisma (plus to have a legit Mexican, rather than someone from San Diego, be so fluent in English always helps). But creative just competently drew a blank with him and instead you had the same dull 'my destiny this, my destiny that' week in week out.

He was very interesting during his feud with Rey when he first came in and then a little bit when he turned face and feuded with Swagger (which even then didn't feel natural or long term), but other than that nothing stands out. I think with the right creativity he can be so much more. Zeb on a mobility scooter could be a big help.

Shame for LU, though.

• Paid Members

I feel like I've stepped into some wierd Bizzarro world where people find the idea of ADR being the suprise opponent is acceptable and not a massive fucking disappointment.

Out of all the names suggested it came completely out of no where. I didn't think he'd ever be back, let alone that they were talking to him. His work away from WWE in Lucha Underground has made me a lot more positive on him, shame that after the initial surprise he turned out to be the same old Del Rio

I'd read a report on WrestlingNewsWorld that he was talking with them about a possible return but last time I cited that website for anything (Hogan's return a few years back I believe) I got laughed out the building for it being a NEWZ site nobody had heard of and it was never happening.

I'm glad ADR's back, I found his act more annoying with Rodriguez but by himself as a smarmy heel he was good. If him and Zeb go the way of "bringing cultures together" but doing it in a way where they're out to be saints but everyone hates them I can deal with it. He'll have some decent mid card matches too.

Just got finished watching the show. A great show overall only real negatives were the clunker between Rollins and Zkane and Owens/Ryback seem to just fill time/bring the audience back down before the main event.

So ADR is back, would never have predicted that. Hopefully he's better this time round.

The Wyatt/Reigns Cell match was fucking great, and the woman's match was very enjoyable too, probably the best one on the main roster they've had this year. Nikki Bella gets a lot of stick (mainly from dem wans because she isn't the precious AJ Lee) because she's much better than slot of the useless sods they've had over the last few years. Having said that, reversing the figure four and crawling to the ropes to break it was a bit of a head scratcher.

Even the preshow match was ok, even if Lillian Garcia thinks that Dublin is in England.

A solid show with only one match that fell below being decent.

8/10

• Paid Members

Ah so basically he is another Albert that people are pretending magically got good when he went to work for another company.. (not you, as you have rightly pointed out that he is rubbish).

LU has been covered but ADR was also pretty divisive anyway. I fucking hated him, I went off him very, very early but plenty of people seemed to enjoy him and lots cited his solid work as being the reason even though his promos and character were shit.

Reigns vs Wyatt was phenomenal. It's a shame that things are so flat that they don't really gain anything from it, because that was the kind of match that makes stars.

Undertaker vs Brock was really good as well. It's a change from when they'd have multiple cell matches and they'd be pointless. Great main event, though I didn't get into it as much as the SummerSlam match. It's gonna be weird now that Undertaker is feuding with the Wyatts and the two blokes who have just been feuding with the Wyatts won't get involved. But it'd be worse if Reigns and Ambrose did keep fighting the Wyatts for another month.

Divas match was great too.

When Zeb rode out, I was disappointed thinking it'd be Swagger. The reality was much fucking worse. Del Rio is pretty much the poster boy for well-worked pointless filler shit. He's so, so bland.

• Paid Members

Del Rio is possibly the person who left who I miss the least ever (except maybe Bobby Lashley). Since they failed to bring him in as an over the top masked heel at the beginning I haven't given a shit about him, I always like to give people a chance but I'd be incredibly surprised if they could do anything with him in this run that would excite me. It was undeniably a huge surprise seeing him turn up though.

I really hate the noises Charlotte makes when she wrestles, she sounds gross.

Archived