Hell In A Cell 2016 - predictions and ultimately, spoilers!

Slapnuts

• Paid Members

I'm just glad after all the negativity pre-show about the main event proved misguided. Even if the writers could pad out something for a couple of the wrestlers Raw could be improved ten fold.

Wyatt could be something. Reigns could be something. Really good PPV.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't fussed on this show at all, and I've liked most of them this year. The main event was corking though. Enjoyed New Day as well, as ever. Great to see the great man Zeb Colter back on the scene, but the resulting match was proper dull.

Thought it was an excellent show again although in contrast to most other shows this year they've helped themselves by developing a few leads through which meaty angles and stories can take us through to the Rumble. The main event was proper exciting as has already been mentioned, but that backstage skit with Reigns and Ambrose are exactly what they need to do more of. I actually have motivation to check the RAW happenings tomorrow morning to see what they were referring to plus the Wyatt fallout. Kane fucked off for a while is no bad thing either.

No idea what they're going to do with Lesnar though

The Rock?

Not sure I would have the title on Cena against Taker though, I think the match sells itself without a title.

I would still probably go with a Shield Triple Threat. Maybe have Reigns & Ambrose have a pact that they will win the rumble together and then one of them turns heel on the other (Ambrose?) and steals the victory, then you have Rollins vs a desperate Reigns at Fast Lane and then Rollins gets his rematch at Mania in the triple threat when Reigns takes the title off him at Fast Lane, only issue is that Fast Lane is a pretty shit PPV to have Reigns win the big one and Ambrose going into Mania as the champ isn't appealing either if you swapped it around.

The main event. Wow. That's the reason I still watch. When Brock started wrecking the ring I thought they were onto something special.

Did Lawler actually say Del Rio - Cena was one of the best feuds ever? Del Rio looked fantastic though. Tanned god! Gayest sentence ever.

Cena getting booed actually annoys me now. Morons.

Accidents happen but the muck up by the Dudley's was more awkward than an Eva Marie match. Cringe.

Cena putting over Del Rio clean in under 8 minutes shows how much of a pro Cena truely is. He could have quite easily told them to go whistle.

I'm sure Lawler will have been fed that line about it being an all time great feud. I just can't get past thinking that Del Rio is a very oddly shaped person.

I'm going to watch the show again today, first time in a very long time that a show top to bottom outside of Wrestlemania has had me wanting to go for a repeat viewing

• Paid Members

Did Lawler actually say Del Rio - Cena was one of the best feuds ever? Del Rio looked fantastic though. Tanned god! Gayest sentence ever.

Didn't hear Lawler but Michael Cole said they has one of the All time great rivalries and later that they had one of the all-time great LMS matches. Hyperbole obs but the commentary team are a PR machine.

• Paid Members

Shows their desire to make all the referees faceless has worked because I didn't even notice. Very rare I even think about who the ref is. I very occasionally notice Chioda or Lil Naitch but that's about it. Couldn't tell you who reffed any matches the last two days. Though I did notice the oriental looking one on Raw because I was thinking about how the crowd chants to ten for the corner punch routine (or Reign's clotheslines in this case) but yet the ref never gets to five.

Brock blades himself when he rubs his glove across his head. Lesnar always keeps the blade in a slit in his glove. If you watch the match again you will see him check his glove a couple of times to make sure the blade is pushed back in or covered.

You must all have super duper vision and pay attention to every detail as I can NEVER see the blading happen.

And how sensational was Brock / Taker? So much claret really gave this the edge that blood should to a feud. I've never seen anyone tear up the canvas (not including hokey trap door stuff). Can anyone remember this happening before? It seems like the sort of thing they'd do in WCCW, except most promoters wouldn't want to pay for a new ring cover!

Only time I've seen the canvas torn up in WWE was the Nexus debut

Thought it was a quality show overall, 2 cell matches were superb and different from the run of the mill Cell matches you get sometimes

Good show, with both the Cell matches definitely delivering. Reigns has been on fire in the ring all year now, it's time for the fans to give him a break and for him to get a run with the title now and Taker/Lesnar was just brutal.

Not fussed at all about Del Rio returning, he's faced almost everyone on the roster already anyway but I'm fine as long as they keep him away from the main event.

I thought it was a poor show but I seem to be in the vast minority so I'm prepared to accept it just wasn't for me this time around. Most of the matches bored me - none more so than Reigns versus Wyatt, who managed to make a match in a cell, with weapons, a dragged-out, passionless affair. The main event was, well, I don't know what it was. It was disjointed and just didn't feel like a huge match.

There were some positives, though. Alberto returning was a genuine pop, and I've liked his stuff in AAA & Lucha Underground this year so I'm interested going forward. The women's match was okay, which makes it a MOTYC for the main roster women, and Charlotte getting a broken nose should toughen up the division a little. And The New Day were great once again, and hopefully this sees the end of the Dudley Boyz.

Past that it was interesting more for what it set up going forward - Undertaker versus Wyatt Family (who will he get to help him?), Alberto returning, Reigns and Rollins in need of new feuds, and a blank slate for Lesnar. Raw - for one of those rare times - will be interesting to see.

It's been very interesting seeing you get back into the product and then ending up at a point where you can't even enjoy Reigns/Wyatt or Lesnar/Taker.

Archived