Hell In A Cell 2016 - predictions and ultimately, spoilers!

Slapnuts

• Paid Members

That main event was something else, absolute chaos in the best way. I thought it was going to turn into New Jack vs Gipsy Joe at one point, then I was terrified Brock would tap to the hell's gate, got really caught up in it like you should with a main event. It certainly felt on another level compared to the rest of the (really decent) show too. Couldn't believe Brock in the crimson mask so early on, taker looks pretty shocking but I'm loving his nasty old man who doesn't give a shit comeback. Loved the match, the first Brock/Taker cell match is my favourite match ever though so I'm an easy sell.

Nikki was fantastic tonight too. The other cell match seemed like a killer as well until the mad main event blew it out of the water.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The show bored the hell out of me, to be honest. Though the fact I spent two-thirds of it trying to re-install Knights of the Old Republic may have something to do with it.

But yeah, so fucking happy about Cena's mystery opponent. He has his detractors, but they're all wrong.

• Paid Members

Liked the show. The main event was a belter. Its Undertaker's 25th Anniversary next month, so I imagine he's getting a Survivor Series team together to wrestle the Wyatts. Kane, Ambrose and Reigns maybe?

Hope Dutch Mantell can keep Alberto interesting for a while. Until we all eventually get bored as fuck of him again.

Ran a lot of possibilities thru my head for Cena's open challenge, Zeb Colter on a mobility scooter (I thought it was fucking Swagger at first!) introducing Del Rio was not one of them. Didn't see much of Del Rio's last run so I'll withhold judgement. That's really his finisher though? Glad to see Zeb, a manager, back around but how is this pairing gonna work? Are they heels? Really couldn't tell

Wyatt v Reigns was pretty class. I'd like to see that same match in front of a house crowd or just one that cared more. Some nice original spots, the kendos were a good touch

Tag titles was alright. "caucasian Kamala" cracked me up

Womens title also alright. More complete match than the NoC one but also felt less important and this is one that should've been on the MSG. Got unjustifiably annoyed when Nikki turned round in the figure 4 which as we all know reverses the pressure, but Nikki still went immediately grasping for a rope. Knob. Hate hate hate what they're doing with the Paige storyline.

Rollins/Kane was predictably mediocre. Ignoring the corpo/demon Kane stuff since NoC, this has been a pretty well built feud that has been brewing for months and yet it still felt pointless

Owens/Ryback was in the 'breather' role I guess, but tbh that could've easily just been the WWE title match - a Spanish announce table not breaking does not = breath-taking viewing. Anyway, nowt much special about this one. Hopefully Owens gets a storyline with this belt. Ryback's irrelevant.

Main event was fuckin boss. Just watching Brock run the ropes is a spectacle. We are savages, but amazing what a few drops of blood will do, especially nowadays. Brock's weapon shots looked lethal. Him tearing the ring up was brilliantly out of the blue and really added a lot. Thought Brock was done with that tombstone. Ending was great. Short instant classic, I could watch it again right now. Post-match was pretty cool too, Wyatt/Taker with some purpose this time is a pretty decent scenario and obviously Wyatt Fam beats the shit out of the guy on his own. Taker's gonna be at Survivor Series presumably? Was kind of expecting Kane and/or Shield to come in and make a save but I guess they'll just have him squash Rowan or something

• Paid Members

Superb show - as it was obviously going to be. The cell matches delivered big time and the opener was a nice surprise. The IC and Divas title matches weren't of interest but something for everyone and all that.

Wyatt/Reigns was the best match on the show. Absolutely brilliant action from these two. Innovative, dangerous and building beautifully to a shit hot closing sequence. Showcased them both brilliantly and felt like the closing chapter of an epic story even if that story has actually been pretty bland. Proof, if it was needed, that WWE has exceptional talent on their hands but is incapable of promoting them in the best way.

I know Bray gets a lot of flak, Pitcos isn't a fan and Supremo destroyed him at the weekend, and I get why but it's such a shame because the guy is fantastic. His look is great, he works hard, he's creative with his gear, the music and entrance are amazing and he's a phenomenal promo. The character just has no focus and no consequences from any of his feuds. Such a pity but totally salvagable on this evidence.

The main event was a slow burner. It's amazing how desensitised I've become to the blood. I thought Brock's cut was gross. The second half of the match was brilliant and they found ways to innovate again. Building the low blow into the finish was a nice bit of comeuppance.

Liked the closing angle too. Wyatts vs. Team taker at Survivors sounds ace. Glad they didn't send out Sting and Kane and whoever to save Taker. Let the heels have the heat for a few weeks.

The US title surprise was different. I'm not an ADR fan but I do like Zeb so I'm interested in where it goes. ADR's work was as tight as ever and made for a good match. I just found his whole character dull as shit before. Will give it a shot though.

Seth Rollins is the dullest piece of shit on the show. When he turned up in the first backstage segment, I felt last night's tea in my throat. I'd rather have had a well past his sell by date Kane as champ that this dire cunt. 210 days as Champion. Jesus fucking wept. Someone put the cunt down.

Rest was filler. Work was decent but I just don't care about any of it. Except the Neww Day. The Rock.

8/10 for me.

• Paid Members

Websites are reporting that it will be either Tyler Breeze or Samoa Joe answering the US Open Challenge tonight

Daniel Bryan is also rumoured to answer The open challenge tonight

Michael-cole.jpg

"VINTAGE TILDEGUY~!"

Haha, fantastic post, kudos.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a poor show but I seem to be in the vast minority so I'm prepared to accept it just wasn't for me this time around. Most of the matches bored me - none more so than Reigns versus Wyatt, who managed to make a match in a cell, with weapons, a dragged-out, passionless affair. The main event was, well, I don't know what it was. It was disjointed and just didn't feel like a huge match.

There were some positives, though. Alberto returning was a genuine pop, and I've liked his stuff in AAA & Lucha Underground this year so I'm interested going forward. The women's match was okay, which makes it a MOTYC for the main roster women, and Charlotte getting a broken nose should toughen up the division a little. And The New Day were great once again, and hopefully this sees the end of the Dudley Boyz.

Past that it was interesting more for what it set up going forward - Undertaker versus Wyatt Family (who will he get to help him?), Alberto returning, Reigns and Rollins in need of new feuds, and a blank slate for Lesnar. Raw - for one of those rare times - will be interesting to see.

• Awards Moderator

How amazing was Kofi's t-shirt?

If you missed it - and I know he's someone else who has his detractors on here - Cesaro was on fire on the pre-show. He gets a huge hero run uppercutting like made around the outside of the ring. Looked terrific.

More pleased with the return of Dirty Dutch than Del Rio, but there's a gap he's more than capable of filling. Cena seemed to go down really easy though, no shenanigans, no finisher kick out... Bit of a damp finish.

Really pleased for both Wyatt and Reigns. They were innovative and brutal. Good finish to the feud.

And how sensational was Brock / Taker? So much claret really gave this the edge that blood should to a feud. I've never seen anyone tear up the canvas (not including hokey trap door stuff). Can anyone remember this happening before? It seems like the sort of thing they'd do in WCCW, except most promoters wouldn't want to pay for a new ring cover!

I hope the Wyatt finish leads to Undertaker on a weekly recruitment drive, ending with Kane. Putting the band back together.

• Paid Members

How amazing was Kofi's t-shirt?

If you missed it - and I know he's someone else who has his detractors on here - Cesaro was on fire on the pre-show. He gets a huge hero run uppercutting like made around the outside of the ring. Looked terrific.

More pleased with the return of Dirty Dutch than Del Rio, but there's a gap he's more than capable of filling. Cena seemed to go down really easy though, no shenanigans, no finisher kick out... Bit of a damp finish.

Really pleased for both Wyatt and Reigns. They were innovative and brutal. Good finish to the feud.

And how sensational was Brock / Taker? So much claret really gave this the edge that blood should to a feud. I've never seen anyone tear up the canvas (not including hokey trap door stuff). Can anyone remember this happening before? It seems like the sort of thing they'd do in WCCW, except most promoters wouldn't want to pay for a new ring cover!

I hope the Wyatt finish leads to Undertaker on a weekly recruitment drive, ending with Kane. Putting the band back together.

Not ripping it up but czw removed al the pads and cover and had a few matches on boards

Archived