Hell In A Cell 2016 - predictions and ultimately, spoilers!

Slapnuts

WWE Hell in a Cell 2016

HELL IN A CELL MATCH

THE UNDERTAKER v BROCK LESNAR

HELL IN A CELL MATCH

ROMAN REIGNS v BRAY WYATT

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
SETH ROLLINS v DEMON KANE

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
CHARLOTTE v NIKKI BELLA

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
THE NEW DAY v THE DUDLEY BOYZ

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
KEVIN OWENS v RYBACK

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
John Cena v ?

Kickoff Show

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
ZIGGLER, CESARO & NEVILLE v RUSEV, SHEAMUS & BARRETT

So what do we think/want?

I'm most interested in seeing who comes up against Cena. It's a PPV so I'm expecting a big name, a "Fuck Yeah!!" kind of opponent. Is Sami anywhere near coming back? Samoa Joe would be "WOW" but he's clearly tied up in NXT so I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Anyone put any bets on paddy power, etc?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undertaker/Lesnar and the Cena open challenge are the only two things I really care about on the show.

Reigns/Wyatt has potential to be a slobberknocker but it has gone on for far too long for me to actually be invested in it. I wish both guys could move on and do something decent with others - Wyatt especially. They just don't know how to book him properly. And who knows when Reigns will finally take that next step - maybe after this? I don't know.

Other than that, it's pretty much just treading water. The six man tag is full of wasted talent - Cesaro especially - and the Divas match could be half decent depending on the length and what kind of shift Nikki decides to put in.

Is that card confirmed? Surely they're not putting that 6 man tag on a PPV (or the 2015 equivalent at least)? That's a match for the second segment of Raw.

It's ridiculous how stale the whole promotion is, why not give 2 of the other matches an extra 5 minutes each instead of cramming a load of mid carders treading water on the show? It's not like they get PPV bonuses nowadays anyway so I doubt they'd be arsed if they were knocked off the card

Is that card confirmed? 

I only skimmed through Raw this week so didn't see it get announced for the kickoff, but It doesn't say so on WWE.com, I copied and pasted the card from there.

Edited: Yes it does say so on WWE.com. I'm a bafoon that even get's it wrong when I copy and paste :-D 

I like the sound of the 2 cell matches and I'm intrigued by Cena's mystery partner. After seemingly years of WWE ending PPVs with fuck finishes though I just don't trust them to deliver any satisfying conclusions to the matches.

Last year's Rollins/Ambrose Cell match was one of the best of the PG-era but the random Wyatt interference at the end of the match completely ruined it for me. 

I'm also wary of the mystery opponent, as the last mystery wrestler turned out to be the underwhelming Jericho return.

Is there anywhere I can find a non-spoiler review after the show? Basically to tell me whether it's worth a watch without revealing anything? (I know it's all ultimately subjective to a degree) I'm not sure such a place exists though.

It's time they debuted the next generation's scary monster. This might be Undertaker's last Halloween with the company before retiring so what better way to debut Undertaker's demonic son? Main event, lights go out and the new monster rips the door off, "THAT'S GOTTA BE CAGE*!", tombstones Lesnar and gives his dad the win.

*Cage from LU, but as a scary, evil monster gimmick.

[/greatbookingidea] 

Ideal Cena opponent would've been Breeze but you can throw that out now. The only other NXT heel it might be is Corbin but think we can rule NXT out of this one, unless it's a returning Sami.

Too many rematches to be really excited about this one and obviously the Raw builds have been laughable.

Every match should be just about fine, but the IC, Womens & tag title matches will surely just be more tepid version of what we saw at NoC. You could make a better build to an IC title match on a WWE game. Nikki Bella should've got that pesky rematch clause out of the way at the MSG show and heel Paige should have been made to look fairly strong for this rather than a whiny joke who hasn't been able to draw the slightest bit of heat. Bit concerned Dudleyz take New Day's titles which would feel a bit backwards, this should really be a tables match or something for freshness.

Cell matches should be decent fun, in particularly obviously the Brock/Taker match. Title match should be shit

• Paid Members

Cena's mystery opponent is by far the most interesting things on this show.

I think a Daniel Bryan return is a good shout, but can't think of many other alternatives. Do we assume it'll be someone who gives him a beating and takes his belt? Is there any chance of Samoa Joe?

I think a Daniel Bryan return is a good shout, but can't think of many other alternatives. Do we assume it'll be someone who gives him a beating and takes his belt? Is there any chance of Samoa Joe?

Aw, shit. If it's Jericho like last time, I'm going to be gutted again.

I really need to stop reading these prediction thingies.

Archived