Hell In A Cell 2016 - predictions and ultimately, spoilers!

Slapnuts

I have no interest in Brock v another part-timer. the Taker programme works because of the context. Brock should be putting lads over rather than making the entire roster look like clowns in comparison to the ex-UFC guy. I'm not saying he should lose his Mania match to Ziggler or someone, but he is The guy who can help make somebody at the moment. He should be making guys who actually need the shine look like a million quid, win lose or draw

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, I'm not saying he should get pinned. He's such a great worker, just seeing him selling or not selling a move when done right is just like oh shit! He should absolutely be working with more full-timers, because lord knows the writers won't come up with enough for these guys. At the very least I want him to work a full timer at Mania. He can still squash tag guys and like Kane or whoever on network specials and stuff, but why should everybody be a loser compared to him? Underdog stories are exhilarating as well as underutilized in this company and the product is really stale at the moment because very few have got good opportunities to do anything.

The Punk match, the Reigns match were pretty much perfect. Brock loses nothing from matches like these, he looks like a destroyer but these guys get some shine too. Feel like the Rollins match earlier this year was a big missed opportunity, I'm hoping we get a re-do of that one if they do wanna turn Rollins face turn. Taking a beating, losing but having looked amazing doing it is like my favourite way to watch people get over. But sure, they can have him unbeaten for along time, and then one day, somebody will only go and bloody pin him, but in the mean time stuff like the Reigns match needs to happen at least every so often

Charlotte defeats Nikki to retain the Divas Title but Nikki pulls a Dean Ambrose trick (you know cos WWE creative like to rehash the same story) and runs away with the belt. Setting up a match between the two for Survivor Series, but to ensure nobody runs away it's gonna be a lumberjill match. And as Nikki heads for the hills again, it's Brie who stops her, throwing her back in the ring and allowing Charlotte to get back her title. We get another Bella v Bella feud because we're all dying to see that and Charlotte gets a new rival.

Kevin Owens goes over Ryback in clean fashion.

Big E defeats Cena for the US Title after Woods distracts the official, Kofi hits a Trouble in Paradise to Cena, right into a Big Ending from Big E.

New Day once again retain against the Dudleys under questionable circumstances. With the official down, Big E tries to use the numbers game against the Dudleys, Cena spots an opening and comes running to the ring for the save. He hits an AA on Kofi through a table that had been previously set up by the Dudleys, just in time for the ref to see it and DQ the Dudleys. Bubba and Devon are a little pissed off to say the least so hit a 3D on Cena, then Bubba hits a Bubba Bomb off the top of the stage to the floor on Cena, writing him off telly for a while.

Wyatt beats Reigns after the Wyatt Family storm the Cell. Ambrose makes the save with a kendo stick. He fights off Harper, Rowan and Strauman, then catches Reigns with a swing of the kendo stick, allowing Wyatt to win. This ends the Reigns/Wyatt feud, setting up a Reigns/Ambrose one.

Rollins beats Kane clean, Sheamus attempts to cash in but in a massive swerve Kane makes the save so he can come out on Monday pleading to be accepted back in the Authority. In yet another attempt of WWE to make Kane look like the biggest prick on the roster.

Lesnar defeats Taker with an F5 through the cell. 

Charlotte defeats Nikki to retain the Divas Title but Nikki pulls a Dean Ambrose trick (you know cos WWE creative like to rehash the same story) and runs away with the belt. Setting up a match between the two for Survivor Series, but to ensure nobody runs away it's gonna be a lumberjill match. And as Nikki heads for the hills again, it's Brie who stops her, throwing her back in the ring and allowing Charlotte to get back her title. We get another Bella v Bella feud because we're all dying to see that and Charlotte gets a new rival.

Kevin Owens goes over Ryback in clean fashion.

Big E defeats Cena for the US Title after Woods distracts the official, Kofi hits a Trouble in Paradise to Cena, right into a Big Ending from Big E.

New Day once again retain against the Dudleys under questionable circumstances. With the official down, Big E tries to use the numbers game against the Dudleys, Cena spots an opening and comes running to the ring for the save. He hits an AA on Kofi through a table that had been previously set up by the Dudleys, just in time for the ref to see it and DQ the Dudleys. Bubba and Devon are a little pissed off to say the least so hit a 3D on Cena, then Bubba hits a Bubba Bomb off the top of the stage to the floor on Cena, writing him off telly for a while.

Wyatt beats Reigns after the Wyatt Family storm the Cell. Ambrose makes the save with a kendo stick. He fights off Harper, Rowan and Strauman, then catches Reigns with a swing of the kendo stick, allowing Wyatt to win. This ends the Reigns/Wyatt feud, setting up a Reigns/Ambrose one.

Rollins beats Kane clean, Sheamus attempts to cash in but in a massive swerve Kane makes the save so he can come out on Monday pleading to be accepted back in the Authority. In yet another attempt of WWE to make Kane look like the biggest prick on the roster.

Lesnar defeats Taker with an F5 through the cell. 

Yeah...that's not happening in a million years. Undertaker would probably die.

• Paid Members

Unless he means through the wall of the cell? Like HBK took a catapult through it in the very first one. I'd be surprised if it wasn't lesnar who took THE bump en route to winning though.

• Paid Members

It speaks volumes for how boring everything has been for the longest time that I'd almost enjoy Kane winning on Sunday and getting a one week reign, just to freshen things up. Seth losing the belt and then winning it back in a RAW main event would actually be an improvement on what we see most Mondays.

I was gonna reply that to Ian's post on Page 1. Sure Vince might get sectioned but Kane winning would be the most surprising thing they've done in ages and would at least have me wondering what might happen on Raw.

I think this will be a tremendous show. Most of the matches should be excellent and if they commit themselves to strong, defining finishes in the Cell matches, they can start to really freshen things up on Raw.

The build has been shit so I'm not looking forward to it like I should but I do see it being very good on the night.

The build has been shit so I'm not looking forward to it like I should but I do see it being very good on the night.

Pretty much, I can't think of the last outright bad PPV they've done. Extreme Rules was a bit bland but had some good stuff, some might argue the Rumble but there was that shit-hot triple threat and even then its the Royal fucking Rumble.

Night of Champions was thoroughly enjoyable with no real downers on my end, all despite a pretty woeful build. This should be similar though I can't see all the NoC rematches having much to offer, but the cells and hopefully Cena should balance it out

• Paid Members

The build up to Taker vs. Brock has been almost non-existent. It genuinely feels like Vince changed his mind and decided to end the feud early, booking the Hell in a Cell match, but neither he nor the writers could be arsed coming up with any storylines or segments to build it up. Was this what they had planned for next March, when it was originally going to be a Mania match? Just one shitty promo?

What makes it most disheartening is that there's an interesting story and character arc to be done with Taker's current (presumably last) run. It's not really been spoken about much on television by Heyman, Brock or the commentators, it's mainly been picked up on by fans and writers on the Internet, but this desperate old bastard thing Undertaker's been doing is genuinely the most interesting thing he's done in years. It's a proper shame they haven't explored or developed it any further.

They've mentioned the Summerslam finish a couple of times, but the drama shouldn't be in the fact that the ref screwed up or that Brock was robbed, it should be in that this once invincible guy is now a broken down, desperate cheater. There's a Breaking Bad style story to be told here, where Taker is falling apart as he comes face to face with his own mortality, similar to Walter White, but instead of actually exploring it they've just done the usual montages of past Hell in a Cell matches.

Undertaker to have the upper hand towards the end of the match, goes for the tombstone and lights out.....and the Wyatt Family surround the cell and Strowman takes out Taker. Brock then gets the win and then Taker returns at the Rumble to take Strowman out right at the end and you've got a Undertaker vs Strowman at Wrestlemania (assuming they build Strowman into a proper monster). 

Kane to win via DQ so Seth retains and Kane keeps his job and this runs on for another month or so.

The build up to Taker vs. Brock has been almost non-existent. It genuinely feels like Vince changed his mind and decided to end the feud early, booking the Hell in a Cell match, but neither he nor the writers could be arsed coming up with any storylines or segments to build it up.

Undertaker and Brock Lesnar in the cell, it sells itself! Or at least that must be their assumption. I'm amazed at how little they've tried to build it. Although to be fair, Raw has been absolutely packed with unmissable content over the last month so they would have struggled to find space for any Lesnar/Undertaker stuff anyway.

• Paid Members

The build up to Taker vs. Brock has been almost non-existent. It genuinely feels like Vince changed his mind and decided to end the feud early, booking the Hell in a Cell match, but neither he nor the writers could be arsed coming up with any storylines or segments to build it up.

Undertaker and Brock Lesnar in the cell, it sells itself! Or at least that must be their assumption. I'm amazed at how little they've tried to build it. Although to be fair, Raw has been absolutely packed with unmissable content over the last month so they would have struggled to find space for any Lesnar/Undertaker stuff anyway.

Quality.

There is loads they could do with this Taker run but they seem utterly desperate never to mention his age or appearance. Like if they don't mention the fact that he's got no hair and he looks about a million then no one will notice.

I mentioned in the NXT thread about having Rhino come out for the US Open Challenge. Not in a way to have come back to the main roster or anything, just gives it that random anyone can shown up feeling.

He's been great at helping the young guys in the role he's had in NXT, would be nice to give him a PPV match as a reward and he's a former champion to boot. I reckon he and Cena can put on a good 10 minutes

Archived