Hell In A Cell 2016 - predictions and ultimately, spoilers!

Slapnuts

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alberto was a pleasant surprise but that match sucked. Weird considering I rewatched him and Mundo the other day and that match was brilliant. Him and Cena was just boring and made me zone out for most of the event.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood but I thought the show was dull as fuck

• Paid Members

I've benefited I think from sleeping last night and watching it this morning. Made the event a lot easier to transition through than I imagine being awake at like 2am still trying to enjoy it. Maybe I'm getting old.

The event itself was a pretty good PPV, kick off show match was awesome too. Really looking forward to the next month of programming (I know, more fool me right?) with no more Corporate Kane, Taker vs Wyatts, New Day, Zeb and Del Rio (who I think are faces?), more New Day and I'm quite intrigued to see where Reigns and Ambrose go from here too.

Maybe New Day and Rollins vs Reigns, Ambrose and 2 others breaking through (Cesaro and Neville maybe?)

Liked the show. The main event was a belter. Its Undertaker's 25th Anniversary next month, so I imagine he's getting a Survivor Series team together to wrestle the Wyatts. Kane, Ambrose and Reigns maybe?

Sting?

I'm hoping for Ted DiBiase, Greg Valentine and the Honky Tonk Man.

Fantastic show pretty much top to bottom (with the exception of two), some really strong matches - none more than the two cage matches, which delivered big time. I know people say it time after time, but THAT is how you book Reigns and that's why people were drawn to his no nonsense style originally in the Shield. What's next for him, chasing Rollins for the title or tag titles with Ambrose?

Probably Nikki Bella's best showing, not a fan of her but fair play.

Rollins/Kane was as uninspired as everyone predicted beforehand. Rollins is just such a bland character, he's so unsuited to the position he's in and his psychology/moves in the ring doesn't translate to top heel.

Owens/Ryback really didn't do it for me, they're chemistry is pretty non-existent and the match didn't really get going at all.

Bully Ray made removing the canvas and piledriving people on the boards a bit of a gimmick in TNA a couple of years back.

Possibly during the Aces and Eights period.

Isn't that a case of bear shits in the woods but no one sees it, did it still happen?

Loved the main event. Shame Taker's next feud is against the biggest loser on the roster, Bray wasn't even given a win on the same show ffs.

Seth's reign is beyond saving imo.

Bray and Roman was decent but I don't really care that much for either guy.

Alberto was a good surprise even if the match was a bit flat and we will all be bored as fuck of him within a month.

Decent show overall and I didn't fall asleep once which is an improvement over most shows these days.

Was Stephen Merchant in the crowd? Thought I saw him when Kofi and Big E regrouped outside the ring.

Overall the show was a belter. They got every winner right. Coupled with some really good, and surprising, performances. 

Del Rio was a nice surprise to start the show, though his pairing with Zeb seems extremely odd at this point. The six lads on the pre-show, along with Stardust and Bo Dallas, should have some sort of tournament to determine a number one contender for the US Title. 

Reigns and Wyatt delivered big time. That's how feuds should end. Just two fellas going hell bent on hurting each other. No other outside nonsense. We obviously know what Wyatt is doing next, be interesting to see what is next for Reigns. Obvious choice seems chasing Seth for the title.

New Day against Dudleys never clicked and to be fair it never has. But New Day remain entertaining. Whoever mentioned Kofi's t-shirt was spot on, it looked a cracker.

Charlotte against Nikki was a very pleasant surprise. Nikki has come on leaps and bounds over the years, I just can't take to Charlotte though. I don't see her as a performer in her own right, she's just Ric Flair's daughter. And why was Paige there at the end?

Rollins and Kane was bland despite the efforts of both men. It would have been a lot better if it wasn't for the WWE Title. Hopefully Rollins can move onto something fresh now, although there's no real clear indication of who the next challenger will be.

The IC title match between Owens and Ryback was nowhere near as good as it should have been. It ended up a carbon copy of their last encounter. Owens needs to be allowed to be a no nonsense heel, not one who is shit scared to fight. He fought Cena fairly, three times. Now he's needing to cheat to beat Ryback. 

Lesnar and Taker was every bit as good as it deserved to be. Fantastic match that really drew you in like a main event should. Will Lesnar return to the title picture now? The Wyatt Family has to beat Undertaker (or his team) at Survivor Series. 

Overall a belter!

I feel like I've stepped into some wierd Bizzarro world where people find the idea of ADR being the suprise opponent is acceptable and not a massive fucking disappointment.

Out of all the names suggested it came completely out of no where. I didn't think he'd ever be back, let alone that they were talking to him. His work away from WWE in Lucha Underground has made me a lot more positive on him, shame that after the initial surprise he turned out to be the same old Del Rio

It's worth bearing in mind that Lucha Underground made Chavo seem "okay". Not "amazing" or "brilliant" or anything, but "okay". ADR is in the same boat. In smaller doses he was fine, because it's so different to the constant over-exposure everyone on the WWE roster has to deal with that makes you hate them. 

He was still the worst thing in LU though, and was a surprising disappointment to me last night. I'd have rather it was Carlito, and Carlito is basically ADR but from 5 years earlier! At least Carlito might have made it a few weeks before I got bored. ADR managed it in about 5 minutes.

Archived