Hell In A Cell 2016 - predictions and ultimately, spoilers!

Slapnuts

• Paid Members

I guess it's that I'm not emotionally invested in either The Undertaker or Reigns, and the WWE main event style isn't the type that you can find a match absorbing without that quality. I mean, as a comparison, I've enjoyed AJ Styles matches in New Japan this year and I really don't care much for him.

And I did enjoy a similar Wyatt/Ambrose match last year, and I could watch Ambrose read the Yellow Pages. So, yeah, maybe that's it - New York's only fun if you're invested.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought to myself watching the kickoff show and all the video packages, that if you only watch the PPVs, and never watch Raw, don't even read the reports, the video packages made every story seem brilliant. I think that's why WWE's youtube page gets so many views. People watch those 2 minute videos to get an idea of what happened, but don't want to see the whole thing.

• Paid Members

I thought barring the main it was an exceptionally dull affair start to finish. And even in the main event it was only due to the Lesnar element that I cared.

His sell of finding that tiny tear in the canvas and the immediate plan that twigged was belting.

Brock Lesnar is steadily becomming an all time great, draws money, has an aura unlike any other ever and puts on one hell of a show in the ring.

New Day were fun too.

Cena/ADR was dross with a cack finish, although Del Rio looked the best I've seen him, a proper Lucha heavyweight if you know what I mean.

Divas match was cack, the old stock really do need to make way, they just don't match up and are taking away valuable time and space from lasses that can hold together a match.

IC match was a complete mismatch rhat didn't click or get going at all.

Reigns/Wyatt was one of the worst cell matches I've seen, with nothing spots, and in that environment Wyatt should be going over all day, or at least doing something with the cell that was masochistic. They really needed to breakthrough and climb for a memorable high spot, rather than just an Irish whip into a chair. The cell may as well not have been there. Redundant. And I just don't get Reigns, I can't invest in him at all and probably agree that a heel turn is the way forward.

Rollins/Kane was a match with Kane in it that booking wise made absolutely no sense at all.

That commentary team is diabolical, I know Lawler is old and it was poor editing, but seeing him stumble and have to reach for a cue card to remember who samg the theme song. JBL is a cretin who doesn't knownif he's heel or face, lauding up Del Rio then flip flopping face/heel until jizzing his sentimental pap filled respect all over Taker at the end

So one good match ... yeah, brilliant.

• Paid Members

Watching Hell in a Cell now. That Alabama Slam in the Divas matched looked painful. Also, Charlotte clearly called “barrier” or something near the beginning of the match, and Nikki still slapped her thigh for the dropkick off the top role even though she misses Charlotte.

Don't know how anyone can slate Reigns vs. Wyatt. It was match of the night for me. Everything was pretty snug and they had fire which is obviously what you want in this kind of match. Both came out looking great - Reigns especially. Every PPV match I've seen Reigns in this year has been great, bar the Rumble.

Brock vs. Taker was great too of course. Though you couldn't see Brock blading, it was pretty obvious he was when his head didn't hit the ringpost and he started gushing. The commentary saying he blocked it and the replay trying to slow-mo him hitting his head made it awkward too. Didn't see Taker blading himself.

On to my regular Owens bashing - I skipped to the end of his match, but I can't believe no one in the WWE has had a word with him about his finish. Him throwing Ryback up in the air like that looks laughable. Ryback's the sort of guy who should be protected from looking so ordinary by being chucked in the air so easily. It should be a struggle getting him on the ground.

• Paid Members

I know loads of us are guilty of watching this shit long beyond the point we should because of habit, desperation for it to get better or just deriving enough enjoyments from bits of it to make it worthwhile but I honestly cannot see how anyone could watch this show, find some of the best matches horrible and bother to continue watching. Surely that is the point where it's just not for you anymore.

Opinions are fine and all but some in this thread are baffling. Seriously, if you can't enjoy this - what's the point?

• Paid Members

Brock tearing the ring apart really exposed how bonkers pro wrestling is.

Everyone knows it's fake and most people don't believe it really hurts at all, so it's almost ridiculous that guys are bumping on such little padding, essentially throwing themselves into wooden panels night after night.

It's nothing I haven't known for the longest time, and it wasn't exactly a surprise to see what was underneath the canvas, but to actually see it with your own eyes really hammered home how backwards the whole thing is. Smashing fuck out of yourselves for a profession nobody believes hurts at all. It just made me feel a bit sad.

Anyway, my main takeaway from this event is how fucking amazing Brock Lesnar is. Has there ever been a man in the history of the business being paid so much, with so little need to put the effort in, and yet so willing to do everything in his power to have a great match? It's the one thing I really wish Austin had questioned him about on the podcast. It's obviously a business to him, and he clearly doesn't give a fuck about the rest of the roster, but for some incredible reason he seems to take an almost psychopathic amount of pride in his craft, and always delivers above and beyond what he's expected to.

Can you imagine some of the WCW main eventers wth garuanteed contracts having matches like Brock does? Not in a million years. It's genuinely fascinating.

Archived