The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

I echo the posters who have said you may never get over her/it. However, the best advice I can anyone in your position - or any position, really - is that time is a stupid thing that really doesn't exist. Now that sounds all wanky and something you'd say after too many mushrooms, but what I mean by it is that there's really no point trying to attach timescales to anything - your prime directive is to wake up and get through to bedtime every day. What happens during those hours is just another episode in your story. So don't think about how you'll feel in six months or a year, make sure you have a good day. And if you don't, then you have another chance tomorrow. Oh, and block her on Facebook, obv.

• Paid Members

Appropos of nothing, I probably shouldn't have posted in here and thought about my ex as I obviously did yesterday, because in the middle of the night I woke from a terrible nightmare where we were fooling around and I discovered what can only be described as a temple of Satanic worship inside her vagina.

Edited by air_raid

Anyway I know it depends from every person but how long does it take to get over this shit?

Sounds so similar to me with my ex. I'm always going to love her, but one day it just clicked and I realised that she was no longer the person I'd loved. My ex from three years ago was amazing and I'll always love her, but the vile person she has become is is a complete stranger to me and I don't like anything about her. For all I know the girl I fell in love with didn't even exist and I just projected all the emotions onto a fucking bitch. I just didn't notice she was a bitch because we were having sex every ten minutes.

With one of my exes, I'm not sure I'm actually really over her, but she's married now, so I'm not going to do anything to fuck that up, as I'm genuinely glad she's happy.  

I'd just fancy having a chat with her, as I think she's the best friend I ever had.  But not having her number and having been blocked on social media (after I went a bit mental after the break up) I don't think that's going to happen.  Life eh? 

Did it really though? I assumed saying "every ten minutes" was a very common way of saying a lot... Didn't really think it was that confusing. Has nobody else ever had a lot of sex when first dating someone and both in the loved up honeymoon period? Genuinely assumed that was regular behaviour