Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Nothing wrong with that in all honesty but when he decided to walk out on WWE in the prime of his career in 2004, it kind of rubbed the fans up the wrong way at the time. The fact that he doesn't care one bit about professional wrestling explains a lot about his decision to quit at the time. I doubt WWE were too thrilled with him either.

The wankers who were furious Lesnar at the time were also very happy with someone who did grow up with the precious "love of da biz."

wrestlemania-20-victory.jpg

Brock turned out to not be the most cuntish.

bit of a needless strawman point that

Watched the new Table for 3 this morning. Thought all three guys came across well.

Really wish WWE would use Bo Dallas much more, I really enjoy his gimmick and think he's very much underutilized.

A revamp of his NXT feud with Neville on the main roster would be a good start, both guys seem good mates and would welcome the chance to work together again.

• Paid Members

Poor Bo Dallas. You can see the sadness in his eyes. When Neville was talking about how bitter sweet it was moving up to the main roster I half expected Bo to just burst into tears. At least Neville is on the show every week. Bo is only ever booked when they need to do a squash.

I think those of you critisizing Brock for not remembering WrestleMania numbers are looking at it from a wrestling fan's point of view. Brock is not, and never has been a wrestling fan like we are.

The whole not remembering the Mania numbers thing annoyed me.

One thing to come across as you don't care, quite another to across as a complete prick.

I thought the way he said it suggested he didn't care. Not that he's a complete prick.

Lots of wrestlers in lots of shoot interviews when talking about the biggest, best matches of their entire careers often remember them from the Arena or city they were in.

They often can't recall the name of the event or even the year.

I've heard Nash in more than one interview talk about his favourite WWF match being "me & Shawn in Omaha when I pulled Mad Dog's false leg off".

The majority of us on here would hear that and immediately think In Your House 7 the month after HBK won the World Title at WrestleMania 12. But the workers involved probably wouldn't.

Other than having a few consecutive nights in the same hotel and the bigger crowd than usual, WrestleMania is probably just another match to some of the wrestlers.

Definitely wrestlers like Brock who see WWE as just a job, rather than a Zack Ryder who is living out his childhood fantasy by being a WWE Superstar.

Edited by dopper

According to many shoot interviews Goldberg views wrestling the same way Lesnar does. He couldn't give two fucks about the business just throw the $$$ into their accounts. When Austin asked Lesnar why they stunk up MSG with their match at Mania 20 Brock simply said because neither of them wanted to be there. Then Austin comes back with "But it was WrestleMania 20" to which Brock replied "I don't give a shit"  At least he doesn't sugar-coat what he really thinks just because he's currently working for Vince like most others.

When Austin asked Lesnar why they stunk up MSG with their match at Mania 20 Brock simply said because neither of them wanted to be there. Then Austin comes back with "But it was WrestleMania 20" to which Brock replied "I don't give a shit"  At least he doesn't sugar-coat what he really thinks just because he's currently working for Vince like most others.

That's not a good attitude to have on Brock's behalf. Brock was being paid a lot of money to be there. He obviously had no regard for all the fans who'd paid a lot of money (and travelled a lot of miles) to be there too. Not to mention the fans who'd paid to watch on pay per view. WWE invested a lot of time and money in Lesnar and quite frankly, he threw the opportunity back in their face. You could argue Lesnar is fortunate that Vince allowed him back after the way he behaved (let along give him the money he's on and the limited appearance deal). He comes across as a selfish arsehole at times quite frankly. Don't tell him I said that mind.

When Austin asked Lesnar why they stunk up MSG with their match at Mania 20 Brock simply said because neither of them wanted to be there. Then Austin comes back with "But it was WrestleMania 20" to which Brock replied "I don't give a shit"  At least he doesn't sugar-coat what he really thinks just because he's currently working for Vince like most others.

That's not a good attitude to have on Brock's behalf. Brock was being paid a lot of money to be there. He obviously had no regard for all the fans who'd paid a lot of money (and travelled a lot of miles) to be there too. Not to mention the fans who'd paid to watch on pay per view. WWE invested a lot of time and money in Lesnar and quite frankly, he threw the opportunity back in their face. You could argue Lesnar is fortunate that Vince allowed him back after the way he behaved (let along give him the money he's on and the limited appearance deal). He comes across as a selfish arsehole at times quite frankly. Don't tell him I said that mind.

I view this in two ways, the fan and as someone who appreciates business mindedness. 

As a fan I think he needs to respect the people that went to that show and appreciate that people paid good money to watch the biggest show of the year and hoped to have a reasonable clash between the pair. 

However the guy is in it to make money, he sees the business as just that... a BUSINESS. He is there to do a job and make money. There is no sentimentality about it and it is refreshing in a business of people who are 'fans' before businessmen. 

It's similar to Jeffrey Deaver (the author) saying he writes to make money, its not some romanticised bullshit 'art'. He writes what sells not to be seen as an artist. 

He can be a selfish arsehole. But it also shows that Vince will overlook all of that and pay him handsomely if there is profit to be made

The Point of wrestling is to make a profit . It's a business

Totally get it's a business and people are in it to make money. Just think Lesnar was kind of lucky that Vince was willing to forgive and forget the fact that he walked out on them when WWE had plans for him to be their top man for years to come. If anything, Lesnar's run in UFC made his stock rise even higher and allowed him to get the great contract he has now. He's obviously a smart businessman and is extremely wealthy but his whole "I don't want to be here so I'll put on a crap match" attitude at Wrestlemania 20 stunk.

Totally get it's a business and people are in it to make money. Just think Lesnar was kind of lucky that Vince was willing to forgive and forget the fact that he walked out on them when WWE had plans for him to be their top man for years to come. If anything, Lesnar's run in UFC made his stock rise even higher and allowed him to get the great contract he has now. He's obviously a smart businessman and is extremely wealthy but his whole "I don't want to be here so I'll put on a crap match" attitude at Wrestlemania 20 stunk.

Its for the exact same reason that he "forgave" him or whatever, because its a business.

Vince knew that Lesner coming back equals $$$$, so he brought him in. The only thing stopping most former WWE people returning is because of their hatred for vince, not the other way around. Vince can dislike people all he wants, but in terms of the company he'd have bloody CM Punk , and whoever else, back in a heart beat if they made him some money.

• Paid Members

Surely his hard bastard , not giving a shit, beast of a machine is the reason we all like him isn't it? He seems tough as boots and real.

I'd personally be put off by him being the other way. I like the fact that he is Still presented as a monster and doesn't care about anyone else or what anyone thinks. It's exactly how I want him to be.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi