Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

There's a Table For 3 upcoming with The Miz and his 'Mizfits'. Not sure who that would be though?

the problem with Mike Mizanin doing these types of things is that he's always in "Miz" mode and that's just not the point of this type of show

Looking for recommendations on how to watch older (90's) stuff on the network in some kind of order.

I've seen posts with people saying things like "I just rewatched 94-98 WCW and WWF and something on an episode of Nitro stands out." A bit of an exaggeration but there aren't enough hours in the day to watch that much stuff. I'm thinking of watching a 2-year period, maybe 3 if it's good enough of just PPV's. Ideally it'll include WWF, WCW and ECW events. Maybe the odd episode of Raw or Nitro if it's worth it too.

Has anybody on here done something like that? If so, which timespan do you suggest?

If you go from around September 96 you will get:

* Bret returns to the WWF to feud with Austin, thus leading to the USA v Canada angle through 97 and into the attitude era thereafter

* Sting becoming his own person after Fall Brawl 96 when everyone was questioning his loyalty to WCW which leads into the year long build to Sting v Hogan at Starrcade 97.

I've just got upto the end of 96 myself and have decided to incorporate ECW too as they started 97 with the WWF Invasion angle which then build towards them going onto PPV

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Nice one Wyatt. I've tried watching some classic matches here and there but it's so difficult to get involved in them out of context, save for the odd really great match.

It's a stretch but 96-01 would be good to watch. There were some blinding events in them five years. Rewatching 2 or 3 PPV's a week seems doable. I just can't get into anything they're putting out these days other than the Rumble-Wrestlemania season and a few NXT specials, but I'm making an effort to keep watching wrestling. 

So I'm rather ignorant when it comes to NWA/WCW. What events that are on the Network that you would consider essential viewing?

Just made my way through Starrcade '93. I can't believe I sat through a 30 minute Nasty Boys match, but Flair/Vader made it worth while. A right corker.

Have to say that I forgot how good Saturday Night's Main Event was. Just watched the second one from 1985 (Uncle Elmer's Wedding). Matches were pretty short but some of the segments were quite amusing. Piper was gold on the mic as usual too. Looking forward to watching some more of these.

• Paid Members

The Flair/Steamboat rivalries was pretty dull. Enjoyed some of the footage and love seeing Dragon in such great shape but it lacked depth. Great to see Jake though.

Table for three with Sting, Vader and Page was weird. All over the place but pretty entertaining. The stuff about NXT and the performance centre was suvh a set up though