Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members
On 14/11/2017 at 10:40 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Theres a new show debuting at the weekend called 365 with the premise being a documentation of a year in the life of a superstar, the first episode is about Kevin Owens

Interesting, does this potentially lead to the somewhat theory that him and Sami being sent home was scripted? Either way, it’s something I’ll probably be bang on to.

On a completely separate note, I’ve been reading a lot about the small handful of very lucky people who have visited the WWEs production studios. It’s maybe obvious to some (but I took for granted) that when they convert tapes to digital, it needs to be done in real time and they always have to producers running tapes, so on average that’s 48 hours of conversion, before any edits are made per day. I found this interesting as I didn’t realise it would be converted in real time. I also thought they would have more than two hands on deck for old footage. 

Out of curiosity does anyone know who decides on the content upload? I’m guessing these two producers are assistants. However I’m not entirely about the set up. I’m entirely fascinated about this aspect now though.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

That's essentially what the brilliant but short lived TNA ReAction was. Another ahead-of-the-game (or modern, by other telly standards) concept by Bischoff, which sadly got cancelled because who can be arsed with another hour of TNA. Shame it didn't work out, because if it got any sort of success Vince would have definitely done what he's always done and pinch Bischoff's best ideas and claim it as his own.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Wait. So, sign up for the Network for $9.99 (or use one of a plethora of free trial codes), cancel before end of 30 days. Or just Survivor Series (assume it's a one and done, no replays), for $24.99. Internet PPV. 

Someone want to try to explain the business sense behind this for me? Or is it a case that every one of those will be pure profit/supplementary?

• Paid Members

The Goldberg 24 Special, like every 24 Special, was some of the best stuff they've ever done. I'd forgotten that the first match with Brock was at Survivor Series. There's no way anything this year will come close to that. That was incredible. One of those few occasions where they absolutely nailed it. Goldberg remains the best babyface of the last decade. I want him to come back at Mania.

I know he's pretty infallible on here - and I don't necessarily want all my guys to be Benoit type "wrestling is my mistress!" lunatics - but I found Goldberg a bit much, having his neurotic mopes about having to do a weekend of sports shows before Survivor Series, doing gym work etc. Someone more or less saying "I can't enjoy what I'm doing most of the time" to me is equally as irksome as Dean Ambrose showing up on the Stone Cold podcast not seeming arsed about his role as champion. It was all a bit much for me. Cracking documentary, though. If it wasn't for the occasional Titus story you'd be forgiven for thinking Vince has gone very mellow these days. Every time he's on one of these 24 things he looks like a crumbling old fella whose reminiscent and super duper nice about people having anything to do with his company again. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I found that a bit off too. It seemed like every wrestler he interacted with, he made a huge deal of saying he never enjoys it, and he's going to try and enjoy. Like maybe he was trying a bit too hard to convey that he doesn't take it all so seriously anymore yet seeming like he actually still takes it super seriously. 

9 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Wait. So, sign up for the Network for $9.99 (or use one of a plethora of free trial codes), cancel before end of 30 days. Or just Survivor Series (assume it's a one and done, no replays), for $24.99. Internet PPV. 

Someone want to try to explain the business sense behind this for me? Or is it a case that every one of those will be pure profit/supplementary?

9 hours ago, The Dart said:

Either they’re insane or it’s a mistake and was meant to be 4.99, as that’s not a bad idea.

I recevied an email yesterday offering me a free month (I have been a subscriber since the first day the Network launched in the US) when I clicked on it, I received an error message. A few hours later I received a further email apologising as the email was sent in error, so I am guessing they had a few issues with emails sent over the last 24-48 hours.

• Paid Members

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the Goldberg 24. It just seemed to endlessly loop footage of him and others saying he's doing it for his son then footage of his son not looking particularly bothered. And I'm not sure why he was so worried and tense in training for a match that only lasted one minute.

I love big bill but he needs to lighten up and think what people like Kurt and Austin used to go through with the physical and mental stuff.....suppose you cant help how you are. Great doc though. I do love him though and guess if their were more chaps like him the industry would be in a better place. 

I imagine Vince, HHH, and Taker just think he’s a lightweight. 

WWE needs a Taker one of these more than anything else....

Just watched  Kamala v Jake on SNME from feb 87, still has the most devestating one move hit ever in wrestling with Jake knee lifting him from the ropes. It lead on to a Kamala doc with him moaning hiw he was skint and ripped of etc.....despite earning over 10k for SS92. Old wrestlers asking for money despite earning in one night many fan earns in a year is horrible. Lunatics. Bunch of fecking over indulgent kids. 

I enjoyed the Goldberg thing also but can see why people thought he was a bit over the top with it all, I get the physical side in a few weeks but mentally and all the shows is part of the job and he probably got paid handsomely to do it. He probably did it for the money as well as for his family. 

I know his first stint was far from perfect but didn't realise how bad it was, him swearing at the fans at Mania I don't recall at all. What a turnaround. 

• Paid Members
On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:15 AM, SpursRiot2012 said:

I found that a bit off too. It seemed like every wrestler he interacted with, he made a huge deal of saying he never enjoys it, and he's going to try and enjoy. Like maybe he was trying a bit too hard to convey that he doesn't take it all so seriously anymore yet seeming like he actually still takes it super seriously. 

Yeah, he strikes me as someone who has long had a bee in his bonnet about "only" being a big deal through wrestling, like he needs to justify it to himself, so when he does have to go back to it, he needs to make a song and dance about how he doesn't really care, honest, guv.