Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

All that old footage is still on old videotape, which would have to go through a process of being digitised, and that's if the tapes are still in good enough condition.  It's just not worth the time and effort for the amount of people who would watch it. Granted, the likes of Tueaday Night Titans and Prime Time Wrestling will have been in the same scenario, but there was alot more on those shows worth preserving and they have more of a nostalgic novelty to them to older fans who either watched in that time period or shortly after it. The WCCW uploads that continue to go up are of more interest because there will be alot of folks, myself included, who haven't seen it outside of short clips online or in documentries.

Thats not to say that Superstars or Wrestling Challenge won't ever be added, but at the moment it just doesn't seem to be a high priority

41 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

Surely they've digitised everything by now?  I don't mean edited and ready to go on the network, but do they really have stuff still sitting on tape?

Most of Prime Time and even WWF Challenge have been digitised for some time, as they was featured on Classics on Demand (Believe even SKY Sports showed some Challenge episodes). 

My view on the network, as much as I enjoy WCCW, I am hopeful that they do vary the Classic Content a bit as it has been the focus of the Classic Content for the last three months (I am aware of the rumours regarding lawsuits etc.), but I realise they cannot please eveyone. One thing to remember is that the Network is still a relatively new service and platform. Furthermore, taking into consideration the amount of hours worth of programming they have already added since its launch, it is quite an achievement and I can only imagine the amount of wrestling available on the network in say, the next 5 years.

To be honest I can see why network sub's are down and why people are cancelling there subs and the wwe think that bringing back starrcade ...etc.. is gonna bring people back to the network Im a member since day one and Im thinking of canceling.

But that Starrcade event isn't for the network is it? It's just a themed house show, so completely irrelevant to the network.

The survey they send out the other week was a interesting thing to garner what exactly people want to get from it. Alot of my answers to it tended to be a focus on in-ring stuff, be it uploads of what they in the archives or more network specials or what have you. WWE produced reality shows (by which I mean things like Legend's House, Total Bellas, Tough Enough etc) don't interest me in the slightest, but there will a portion of the audience who love that sort of stuff, and that's fine. Finding the balance is crucial to its success, and a few posts ago mentioned, it's still a relatively new venture.

In three & a half years they've gone from around 1,500hrs of content to reportedly over 8,000hrs of content, which is a hell of a lot of content covering practically every era of the sport. But for every batch of Mid-South Weestling uploads, which will please some people, you get the obligatory "tut, I wish they'd just upload *insert promotion/show*". Wrestling fans (in general, I'm not aiming this at anyone on here) can be a fickle bunch, they want everything with instant gratification, you only have to look at the behaviour of some live audiences in the recent years to see the growth of the paying fans self-entitlement. The first few weeks of the network launch were packed with people moaning because things weren't working properly or such & such show wasn't on there, they wanted everything from the off when in reality it's going to take time to build, iron out kinks & issues and ultimately cator to what people are watching and because of that they have clearly prioritised what they think is worthwhile putting on there.

The first phase seemed to getting the full run of RAW and Smackdown on there, I.e the period with the most successful period of business for the company ever. After that, they'll have analysed exactly what people are watching and tailor uploads based on that. That's why I imagine that there are still only a handful of episodes of Smokey Mountain Wrestling and Global Wrestling Federation on there. If no-one has watched any of those for months, then why add to it?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

35 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But that Starrcade event isn't for the network is it? It's just a themed house show, so completely irrelevant to the network.

The survey they send out the other week was a interesting thing to garner what exactly people want to get from it. Alot of my answers to it tended to be a focus on in-ring stuff, be it uploads of what they in the archives or more network specials or what have you. WWE produced reality shows (by which I mean things like Legend's House, Total Bellas, Tough Enough etc) don't interest me in the slightest, but there will a portion of the audience who love that sort of stuff, and that's fine. Finding the balance is crucial to its success, and a few posts ago mentioned, it's still a relatively new venture.

In three & a half years they've gone from around 1,500hrs of content to reportedly over 8,000hrs of content, which is a hell of a lot of content covering practically every era of the sport. But for every batch of Mid-South Weestling uploads, which will please some people, you get the obligatory "tut, I wish they'd just upload *insert promotion/show*". Wrestling fans (in general, I'm not aiming this at anyone on here) can be a fickle bunch, they want everything with instant gratification, you only have to look at the behaviour of some live audiences in the recent years to see the growth of the paying fans self-entitlement. The first few weeks of the network launch were packed with people moaning because things weren't working properly or such & such show wasn't on there, they wanted everything from the off when in reality it's going to take time to build, iron out kinks & issues and ultimately cator to what people are watching and because of that they have clearly prioritised what they think is worthwhile putting on there.

The first phase seemed to getting the full run of RAW and Smackdown on there, I.e the period with the most successful period of business for the company ever. After that, they'll have analysed exactly what people are watching and tailor uploads based on that. That's why I imagine that there are still only a handful of episodes of Smokey Mountain Wrestling and Global Wrestling Federation on there. If no-one has watched any of those for months, then why add to it?

I would put good money down that starrcade will be on the network... I honestly have no interest in wccw and to be honest my sub is up on Monday and i Have been a member since day one. And I'm thinking about canceling.. its guys like me they should be trying to keep not push away because all the up load is shit.

13 minutes ago, Big Bully Busick said:

Why are you of more importance than a fan of WCCW then?

im not of more importance wccw has a place on the network i just think the network is going nearly four years and they have yet to upload thunder/superstars/shotgun/metal/heat i know thunder was ment to be up loaded BUT it should have been uploaded along time ago they have 100 and thirty thousand hours of content in there vault i just want something good 

Edited by kidzero

• Paid Members

I think they've probably weighed up the costs of editing all those episodes against the loss of subscribers that would stay/sign up based on watching those shows and reached the conclusion that it simply isn't worth it.

im a wwe mark allways have been i loved it since a was 7 years old all i want is stuff i would be interested in watching ... i mean its 12.99 euro and i have spend a ton off money over the years on wwe merchandise and on wwe itself  and its getting to the stage the cost off the network every month  could pay my Netflix instead 

I think it's absolutely crazy that anyone could say the Network isn't worth the money for the amount of content you get on there. Same with Netflix and Amazon. I'm constantly blown away by how much I'm getting for my subscription compared to what I had to pay for VHS, DVD and Blu-ray right up until recently. It's easy to use, consistently updated and a real bargain.