Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

What's the point. I completed an old survey a thousand times begging then to green-light that Steve Blackman bounty hunter idea and they never went with it!

There are plenty of ideas there I'd watch, quite a few I wouldn't. I think the roast idea could go down well.

• Paid Members

The edgier show as an alternative to Raw and SD is the only thing that really interests me. Miss a bit of gritty wrestling. Not sure how it lends itself to sitting alongside the three existing brands but that sort of shiw, with people I've heard of on a format I already subscribe to would be interesting.

• Paid Members

I'm after filling it out and then when I submitted it, I got an error message from the host of the survey. After that I filled out the Observer one and it worked fine. I'll not be doing the Network one again in case the same thing happens. 

Really the best thing that I think both the WWE and UFC app could do would be to put money into improving the apps. The Apps are awful for search functions. It could be made a lot easier to navigate. I also don't like the way you can't easily clear a show from the continue viewing section. Extra collections, that are updated would be of benefit as well, as I think the ability to watch things you want to watch in twenty minute chunks without having to fast forward through other parts of shows would be a bonus. 

The ability to make playlists and download for offline viewing should be there already really, but I thought there were some good ideas in there and submitted them accordingly. 

No idea how this TV14 show would work but I'd be fascinated to see how it'd go - less WWF 99 and more Memphis and WWF 97 or 2000 one would hope.

An option for offline download is a good idea but not a groundbreaking idea as iplayer has had it for years. The other promotions like ROH/TNA/GFW is a bit weird as to my knowledge they haven't acquired their tape libraries unless they plan to do so. A new TV-14 ECW style product would be interesting but unless Paul E is involved it'll be like WWECW. The house shows being filmed and aired is a very good idea but again they used to film certain matches for the Coliseum video releases.

I guess the NJPW/ICW et al being listed means it'll be them working together unless they plan to incorporate their on demand services thru the network. A WWE GOT would be like when they were LARPing on Legends House. Also I imagine it would be a King of Kings vanity project for Hunter with Seth as the King Slayer.

• Awards Moderator

I've said since the beginning I would be incredibly happy with alternate commentary, especially from the participants. When Stone Cold does it it's fascinating. Coming from a proper insider he highlights things in the match you'd never pick up unless you're a top-line worker.

He did one last week with Kendrick, not in a match he was in but Flair / Steamboat from the Chi-town Rumble 89. He points out Flair making calls for example, not to snark but to show how good he is at it, and how it makes the crowd reactions even better.

(Episode is here if you're interested https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Flair-/-Steamboat-with-The-Brian-Kendrick)

This idea is so simple to execute, and the right talent would surely jump at the chance to do it? Marks for the business (that counts out Lesnar then) would love talking about their favourites. What about the Hardys discussing Shawn / Razor at WrestleMania X? Big Show commentating on Andre? Foley talking about Superfly / Muraco? And other less obvious links.

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, Grecian said:

The ability to make my own playlists would be enough for me. The 'Best of Tatanka' is going to be a huge one on it's own.

You can already do that. Just don't watch any videos.

I think the worst idea is watching live house shows....like who would seriously want to do that on top of everything else WWE put on?

I wouldn't mind the music channel aspect but would rather watch music videos (or titantron videos), you could have ones from different eras, PPV music videos etc. If you wanted to go further then you could have PPV build up videos as well like those intros. 

I know you can YouTube it all now....but would be cool to have something along the lines of this. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I think the worst idea is watching live house shows....like who would seriously want to do that on top of everything else WWE put on?

Personally, I think it's a no-brainer - assuming they wouldn't record it all at the same quality as RAW or Smackdown, all you'd need is to cover the costs of a couple of cameras on a show that they're running anyway, and maybe have some of the second-tier announcers record some commentary in post. Could even be a good space to trial different announce teams. It's low-cost, low-risk content, and as house shows more or less exist outside of WWE's TV continuity, there's no impetus for people to have to keep up with it all the time (depending on how regularly shows are recorded and uploaded), so it's just a bit of mindless background viewing to stick on. And, if there ever is a title change on a house show or whatever, the WWE can then upload the show and say "look what you missed".

The absolute worst idea on there is WWE scripted drama. Cringing at the thought of it.