Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

1 hour ago, Really Big Shoe said:

Apart from taking off Rock and Wrestling do they ever remove things to make way for new content or is more added on top.

Hold on there, back the fuck up. What jiggery pokery is this?

Did they just give up adding new episodes because no one was watching them, and deletedĀ the first ones to pretend they never started? Was it a licencing issue? What's going on?

Adding stuff and then removing it later really undermines confidence in what they're trying to achieve and what customers think they're getting when they buy in.

2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Did they just give up adding new episodes because no one was watching them, and deletedĀ the first ones to pretend they never started? Was it a licencing issue? What's going on?

Adding stuff and then removing it later really undermines confidence in what they're trying to achieve and what customers think they're getting when they buy in.

They pulled the Rock and Wrestling cartoon after the Hogan sex tape/n-word scandal broke, which was only a few weeks after the promotional push that episodes had been posted.

Rewatched the Roddy Piper documentary earlier for the first time probably since I got it on DVD some 10 years ago, as it was part of the new Piper collection.

Also watched the WWE v ECW show that aired the week of One Night Stand 2, which is still a decent show but my god the constant bickering between Styles, Taz and Lawler is grating especially as JR gets lost in the shuffle by being the only pro out there. Forgot that they'd pulled the Show turn here as I was sure it had been on the PPV itself and Foley's promo after the Edge/Dreamer match is one of his best.Ā 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I don't think Thunder is ever likely to get added. Something to do with the tapes being a complete mess, mixed up, incorrectly labelled/dated. I'm not sure if this is the case for the other WCW shows not currently on the Network, so Saturday Night etc may still be Ok. I'm expecting they'll add Heat and Shotgun eventually as well.Ā 

I'd rather they start adding WWF Superstars (the proper one, not the C-show rehash a few years ago). Easy watching, 40-45 minute episodes with plenty of squash matches and historic angles.

Theyve definately got some WCW Thunder footage, it's been used on DVDs over the years and there were matches from in the Goldberg collection that's on the network. Whether they've got it as a complete run or not is another questionĀ because, as has been said, some of the library was in a right state when they bought it. If they can source it from somewhere else and then cleanup the footage as best they can it could maybe get added, but it depends against how much they already have available vs how much they may need to acquire and if they feel that it is worth the time, effort and money to do so.

Id like for it to be added for completely sake, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was to never appear

14 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

As its been said they took it off because of the Hulk scandal. However other things have been removed like either last year IIRC they had some rare matches up for Black History month that disappeared. Some docs have gone although in fairness brought back like Superstars and I think Pipers. I don't think Foleys stand up show is on there now but I think it was licensing related.

3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Theyve definately got some WCW Thunder footage, it's been used on DVDs over the years and there were matches from in the Goldberg collection that's on the network. Whether they've got it as a complete run or not is another questionĀ because, as has been said, some of the library was in a right state when they bought it. If they can source it from somewhere else and then cleanup the footage as best they can it could maybe get added, but it depends against how much they already have available vs how much they may need to acquire and if they feel that it is worth the time, effort and money to do so.

Id like for it to be added for completely sake, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was to never appear

Yep the WCW library was poorly labelled and some stuff is lost/missing. Wouldn't TBS have backup masters of Thunder or at least S-VHS high grade copies. I know the BBC got home recorded tapes for some Steptoe and Son shows and others but for the Network that is HD if they put up fan recorded tapes they'd look bad. Kinda like if Apple Music had to put up a bootleg recording because a record label lost a master tape. Wouldn't be so bad if it was a 50s/60s wrestling show but one from the 90s you'd think the complete run would be available in very good quality.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Strange though, as Thunder only ran from 1997-2001 whereas they've managed to get all the Nitros up.

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Strange though, as Thunder only ran from 1997-2001 whereas they've managed to get all the Nitros up.

I get where your coming from, but like we've been saying it depends what they have & haven't got and the sort of condition that it is inĀ as to whether it will appear. With WCW being a case of lunatics running the asylum, it wouldn't have been surprising to have found episodes of Thunder taped over with World's Strongest Man while WCW Saturday Night sits in a box swimming in Sunny Delight.

Having said that they did upload the majority of the relaunched ECW without any prior notice, so it could happen if they feel it's worth the time getting anything they haven't already got

Likely posted before but article about the WWE tape library

http://www.wwe.com/classics/inside-video-vault

They keep their tapes climately controlled and have an automated archiving process.

ā€œThis is the digital archive robot,ā€ Staffaroni told us as we were led into a climate-controlled room housing a state-of-the-art and highly complicated large machine. ā€œIt has more than 4,000 slots inside with data tapes that we use to store footage. These tapes can hold approximately 24 hours of footage and thatā€™s just one physical tape.ā€

We did get the opportunity to see the robot in action. Arms slid back and forth, grabbing tapes and moving them backwards. In the back, green lights indicated the drives that read the tapes.

ā€œWhen media managers go to archive the high-resolution version of any type of content, it grabs one of these blank tapes, puts it in the drive and records high-res,ā€ Staffaroni explained.

Edited by Really Big Shoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I got a new Samsung TV a few weeks ago and found out that the WWE network doesn't work on a lot of new models. I decided to download the app again at the weekend and it looks as if there's a been an update recently and it works. Might be worth giving it a go if you had the same problem.

5 hours ago, Weezenal said:

I got a new Samsung TV a few weeks ago and found out that the WWE network doesn't work on a lot of new models. I decided to download the app again at the weekend and it looks as if there's a been an update recently and it works. Might be worth giving it a go if you had the same problem.

Ive always found that the WWEĀ app doesnt perform well on theĀ Samsung TV, I usally end up putting it on through my PS4 if I want to watch anything downstairs, will delete the app and give that ago (although it does state I am using the most recent version of the app).