Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Awards Moderator

The third-party content is intriguing, but they're known for putting all sorts out in those surveys. That HoF thing must be one category all by itself, so you'll get the HoF as decided by Vince, then like the Smash Hits awards there's one category voted for by the fans to limit damage.

• Paid Members

Finally caught the last battle of Atlanta. Enjoyed it more than expected. I actually had to gear myself up to stick it on as with the no commentary and having great affiliation with either Sawyer or Rich I wasn't optimistic

Felt like a really fucking gritty scrap, well worth a watch. Had a definate aura, which to be fair may well be related to the surronding hulabaloo

• Paid Members

I suppose the price tier thing is a better way to get more money off of the fans, without an overall price jump. Particularly because most wrestling fans will cry about anything, even a reasonable couple of $s a month for a great service. I think the free service is pretty clever, because if they do the right job they can convert some of those into money.

If I was only subscribing for the sake of the PPVs ("Why pay $45 when you can pay just $9.99, Maggle?"), what's to stop me reducing my subscription to the $4.99 tier during the "Big Four" months and using Chromecast or equivalent to beam WrestleMania from my tablet onto my telly? Would the picture quality be crap?

Cheers very much for that I had no idea of the years section in the beyond the ring section.

I have partial insomnia due to my epelepcy so that will keep me happy for a while

I think it was better than the actual doc on his DVD.

While on topic, I heard that some of the numbers in the 173-0 streak are fabricated (in the early days) as he seemed to reach this number with far less televised matches (as if they added in 'house show wins'). Is that true? If not, hypothetically if WWE added Thunder to the Network would it be possible to watch every single match in the streak?

I think they always said house shows added to the count, but even then it didn't add up.  Like it'd go from 40-49 in one week or something like that and the commentators would mention live events, but he obviously wasn't having that many matches a week.

Even then, I think in the early days of the streak, some of the matches were on the C shows, so they wouldn't all be on the Network just yet anyway.

• Paid Members

They counted house shows and shows like Worldwide and Saturday Night. It was legit for a long time and then they started making it up. Not always by adding numbers. He went 99-0 on TV one week and they waited for his next TV match to call 100-0 even though he'd had matches all week.

Ruining a good thing that caught on organically is a wrestling specialty but WCW further excelled at it.

I think I might be going crazy but watched the first Rock Concert which I think was the week before Mania (24th March 03?) where Austin got thrown out of the Arena and was in his pick up truck outside. I thought back then he actually did some singing and winding Austin up? But on the actual Raw on the Network he says a few things without any singing and Austins truck comes out with Hurricane and eventually Austin in it. 

I'm adamant this has been edited? Why?