Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Are those Beyond the Rings docs the full docs that featured on the DVD's? are just edited down to one hour versions which appear on Sky Sports now and again

The Beyond the Ring stuff is the full documentary but they often do a First Look which trims the docs down to a half hour though that tends to be for the newer releases

Are those Beyond the Rings docs the full docs that featured on the DVD's? are just edited down to one hour versions which appear on Sky Sports now and again

The Beyond the Ring stuff is the full documentary but they often do a First Look which trims the docs down to a half hour though that tends to be for the newer releases

Not sure about the others, but the HBK one felt longer than the DVD version

He really just can't let it go, even after all of this time. Even with Michaels becoming born again and all of Hart's medical issues (when this was filmed he'd had his stroke but his cancer was still a way off), this will always be niggling away at him even though everything and everyone else had moved on.

It's like the constant hatred that Dave Mustaine still harbours towards Metallica, he'll never be able to get over that one moment in time

The Lawler doc hasn't been added to the on demand section.

It has for me, but it's sitting under the 'Recommended' section- which seems to be where they bung all new content.

Yes it's been added to the Beyond the Ring bit now.  It was a glitch apparently that it wasn't added straight away after being shown.

Is the Mania of Wrestlemania documentary on the network, or is there anywhere else I could watch it?

Aye its on the network in Beyond the Ring (I think). I watched it on there just last week because I fancied seeing all the cracking WM9 behind the scenes stuff again.

Is the Mania of Wrestlemania documentary on the network, or is there anywhere else I could watch it?

Aye its on the network in Beyond the Ring (I think). I watched it on there just last week because I fancied seeing all the cracking WM9 behind the scenes stuff again.

That's the True Story doc, he's on about the one filmed at Wrestlemania 19 that was on the Wrestlemania 20 DVD

That Mania Of WrestleMania one was great, with The Body narrating it. It's the exact kind of thing they'd end up doing all the time with WWE 24.

Echo the sentiments about Bret in the sit down interview as well. Even moreso during the worlds most awkward hug when he came back on Raw. He's generally earned the right to be as miserable as he wants but the Shawn thing does seem a shame, and actually stopped his return from being as proper big and gooey as it should have been.  

• Paid Members

WWE are apparently looking at doing four tiers on the Network. Meltzer has said it would be potentially be a Free Tier, $4.99, $9.99 and $14.99. Here's what's in the survey they sent out:

WWE-Network-tiers.jpg

Interpretation of it all based on what Meltzer has said on the latest Observer Radio:

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-looking-at-adding-price-tiers-to-the-wwe-network-with-tna-and-roh-content/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

WWE is doing market research regarding a tier-based system for the WWE Network. It’s not a definite but WWE is very strongly looking at a four-tiered system where there would be free access to the network. The free tier would include video clips (5 minutes or less per clip), the video archive, and you can only watch up to 5 hours per month. It would also include commercials and would be available on all devices. The free tier also includes the live stream but they would black out the pay-per-views, NXT and the Cruiserweight Classic.

The first paid tier would be $4.99/month and it would include the “Big Four” events (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series). NXT would not be available on the live stream but you would have access to NXT on-demand. This tier would also include limited commercials and would only be available on phones and tablets.

The $9.99 tier would be the same content that they have now with a couple of upgrades added with limited commercials and it would be available on all devices. It would also include new weekly episodes of the Cruiserweight Classic so it looks like the CWC will be returning as a regular show instead of just a yearly tournament.

The $14.99 tier would include footage of non-WWE promotions and there would be no commercials. Fans would also get perks like early ticket access to events, offline content downloads, small group online chats, 2nd screen content and invites to in-person VIP meet-ups. I should note that WWE specifically mentions TNA and ROH as possible promotions that you’d be able to see in the $14.99 tier. Basically, this price tier includes everything from the other tiers plus the perks and content from independent promotions.

It’s no secret that they are in talks with TNA about getting ownership of their library. It’s not known if these talks are just for their old footage or if new content is included. Dave Meltzer is reporting that there are also some rumblings about talks with Ring Of Honor but it’s unknown if that’s just for their library or if that also includes live events. This sounds similar to UFC’s Fight Pass service. UFC airs live events from other promotions on their streaming service and if that’s what WWE is attempting to do then I think it’s a great idea.

Another cool thing that is being considered for the $14.99 tier is allowing fans to vote for the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

I did wonder if WWE would look to add coverage of non-WWE independent promotions to their Network.

As the article above says, it's what UFC has done (you can watch Invicta, Cage Warriors, EFN, Pancrase, Shooto, GLORY, EBI and more) and, as such, their online platform has not only become a destination platform for UFC content, but MMA content in general.