Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

It's just them playing it safe more than anything. Clearing songs for film & TV is expensive and can vary depending who owns the song. I remember hearing the director's commentary to Shaun of the Dead that it cost them £15,000 to clear a bit of a song by Ash. And then you have to pay another fee if it is to be used for home release & digital distribution, so it's just a matter of not having to pay out unessessary royalties.

It doesn't bother me, but it does seem to be a bone of contention for alot of people. A few days after Summerslam last year, people online were moaning the New Day singing Empire State of Mind had been edited off the network, which of course was Evil Vince & Evil Kevin Dunn trying to execute an act of "sabotage" against New Day's momentum because they were "getting too over".

Similarly when they used Johnny Cash's 'Ain't No Grave' for Undertaker and Metallica's 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' at Wrestlemania 27. Used live is one fee, why pay again for the DVD?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Used live is one fee, why pay again for the DVD?

Because people buying a DVD or subscribing to a VOD service are doing so with not unreasonable expectations of receiving the content that previously aired under the same name, and the sports entertainment product that WWE has fashioned for itself is a multimedia experience, of which music has come to play a significant part.

I do have some sympathy for WWE when it comes to older footage like the Rock Concerts that were never intended for redistribution. I'll have less sympathy over any content that they knew at the time of production would be conspicuous by its absence on the Network or DVD/Blu-ray.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched the Macho Man documentary on the network. Found it a bit weird, they seemed to jump from kayfaybe and real life a lot. Especially around the stuff with Elizabeth and him being controlling and jealous.

Also found Lanny Poffo to be all for himself. How his poems and words made everyone cry etc,

Lanny is a fuckin loon. All that intellectual bullshit and bordering on delusional adoration for Randy. Don't get me wrong I get that they were brothers but god sake everyone says how controlling Randy was and how paranoid he was of Liz leaving him. So why does Lanny feel the need to pretend it is all one big misunderstanding? He comes off as a right idiot at times. 

My brother is a right dickhead most of the time.

But if he died and people asked for my thoughts on what a dickhead he was so they could put it on telly, I'd probably downplay it and play the misunderstanding card too.

My brother is a right dickhead most of the time.

But if he died and people asked for my thoughts on what a dickhead he was so they could put it on telly, I'd probably downplay it and play the misunderstanding card too.

I get that but if its blatant then you might as well say that he had his demons but people change, mature and develop as individuals. 

• Awards Moderator

I've just been charged my monthly for the Network. I've only been able to get it since January 2015, and for reasons I don't understand nor question they charge me $9.99 and convert it to GBP.

But it's getting to the point where they may as well charge me in sterling...

ueFNsal.png

(Stat guy in me is at pains to point out the compressed y-axis)

i wish they would start to upload more 80's and 90's stuff

im starting to get fed up with them uploading raws or smackdown every month

i think we need some 80s or 90s superstars or wrestling challenge or some old wcw wrestling worldwide

Edited by kidzero

i wish they would start to upload more 80's and 90's stuff

im starting to get fed up with them uploading raws or smackdown every month

i think we need some 80s or 90s superstars or wrestling challenge or some old wcw wrestling worldwide

They uploaded a random Prime Time Wrestling episode yesterday, a few were excited as we thought this may be the Classic Content drop for November, it turns out the Classic Content drop is Raw 2010/11.