Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

The Bischoff documentary was a decent watch there this morning, chilling out with a cuppa on a Monday off work. He looks really happy now living out in Wyoming and from looking at where he lives I can't blame him. It looks bloody amazing.

There was an episode of Byte This the weekend of One Night Stand a decade ago where Heyman and Dreamer hosted it and the body language was so fucking weird. Dreamer just sat in his chair occasionally chipping in.

I'd love to find this again, I found it an absolutely fascinating watch. Heyman and Dreamer did seem to get on well enough but the show's dynamic was just so interesting. I imagine we'll never see any Byte This again though.

Dreamer was on a podcast some time ago (Austin's maybe) where he mentions about a "thing" that went on between the two back when ECW was still running.

According to Dreamer, he had organised the sale of ECW to some major television network who would pump in some real money and keep Tommy on as figure head. By this point Dreamer was running the shows, and Heyman was the "official" owner. Dreamer had apparently spoken to Heyman about it, who had agree'd, so set up a business meeting with the excecs, himself and Heyman.

Dreamer rocks up ready to sign on the dotted line, but Heyman purposefully no-showed, which then caused the deal to fall through and eventually added into the overall demise of ECW. That coupled with finding out Heyman was on WWE's payroll really didn't sit well with Sir Tommy.

I'm surprised he can stand to be in the same room with him after this, if it's true.

• Paid Members

You probably should take Dreamer with the same about of salt that you take when you hear Heyman speaking, because he's generally full of shit. Fusient Media Ventures and HHG Corp couldnt find a major television network to keep them going, but apparently Dreamer could? From what I remember, Dreamer had some bloke who wanted to buy ECW but it would have only be to keep them going. Meaning back to doing small time TV and running the ECW arena with a shit roster. In fairness to Heyman, he was in it to make money. He wanted a television network to pay them a rights fee so he could run a major player in pro wrestling.

ECW was dead. It was like TNA now. All you were buying was a money pit, because unless you had capital to pump into the promotion, it wasnt going anywhere. What could they have done with that roster? That 2000 roster was so shit. I reckon 70% of that roster would have been replaced if he'd have found another network. It was an outdated roster and an outdated style.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

That's a fair shout, Ian. 

Dreamer had said, (again if its true), that some television network had contacted him directly with the idea being ECW would keep going, with proper funding, but only if Heyman was not involved (I presume after rubbing people the wrong way through the TNN stuff?).

I do take it with a pinch of salt, as ultimately, as you've rightly said, ECW was dead in the water at that point, and Heyman had his business head screwed on, not his "but I love ECW" mind like Tommy. Who knows, to be honest, with the entire ECW locker room/staff, I doubt we'll ever get a coherent story that everybody agree's on. 

Not that Disney wouldn't know full well what ECW is, (if they were thinking about purchasing it), and thus not purchase it, but Disney did once sign the Insane Clown Posse to their music label once, I believe.......because they didn't understand what they were all about.

So I don't really believe any of the Heyman stuff, but there is a possibility they may have considered buying them....until they watched one of their shows hah.

Well I enjoyed 205 Live, much better vibe than being awkwardly shoved in to Raw as an afterthought. The crowd weren't with it at first but credit to the Wrestlers, they won them over and turned things around, lot of credit goes to Gallagher for that, his unique offence really got them on board, and they were invested in the main event which was a really solid match, I like Kendrick but I'm glad they went with Swann, his story is a real tear jerker and I was with him all the way myself.

Good start, looking forward to next week, they still have some big guns to come - Cedric, Tozawa, Gran Metalik etc so should be decent.