Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

I'm suprised they haven't done a collection this month for matches from the Royal Rumble. It seems a simple and obvious thing to do. I'm sure a lot of us are rewatching old Rumble shows/matches this month, time permitting.

I'm suprised they haven't done a collection this month for matches from the Royal Rumble. It seems a simple and obvious thing to do. I'm sure a lot of us are rewatching old Rumble shows/matches this month, time permitting.

Recently announced, they are doing a "Subscribers Choice" Royal Rumble collection, it will feature the 10 best (voted for) Rumbles.

• Paid Members

Along with a selection of recently added Smackdowns from 2007, they just added two new collections:

* Dolph vs. The Miz

An entire collection on that carry on? Full of those painful promos by Dolph? Jesus.

• Paid Members

Yeah you normally do indeed and it's very much appreciated man. I definitely can't blame you on not looking at that, I definitely couldn't either. Now if it was Dolph and Kofi . . .

Why anyone would want to watch the midcarder equivalent of Cena/Orton is beyond me

well tbf they have more chemistry than that, they had two great matches last year however you spin it, which I don't think Cena and Orton ever managed together.

i'm still not exactly dying to see that collection, but props where props are due etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I don't know if he has fallen out with them, but like you said about the Ambrose one - it's possible he's said he can't be fucked with it unless he knows the guest and they want him to interview some colossal bore like Rollins, and there's a stalemate. Mind you, I'm purely creating this possibility in my on head.

Been working my way through the year 2000 on Nitro, starting with the reboot episode that started the New Blood/Millionaires Club feud that included the debut of Mike Awesome while under an ECW contract as World Champion, the stupid Goldberg Heel turn and the Sting/Vampiro feud not to mention DDP getting turned on on a regular basis by Kimberley, Arquette, Sid and finally Kanyon

Just hit the point now where Lance Storm has come in and in the space of a few weeks won the US, Hardcore and Cruiserweight titles and renamed them all, Booker T being World Champion (after the Hogan incident at Bash at the Beach), the Kanyon/Bagwell feud around Bagwell's mum and the genesis of the Natural Born Thrillers stable as well as Vamp joining forces with Muta, the Demon and ICP as the Dark Carnival

The things that are throwing me off a bit are the music edits, Jarrett has his Chosen One theme dubbed with a generic country song, The Cat has his James Brown style theme dubbed over badly (when it would have been easier using Somebody Call My Mama) and The M.I.A having their War soundalike dubbed with some dancey shite. The only edit I'm not having too much of an issue with is the Crow theme being used for Sting's entrance when at the time he was coming out to Seek and Destroy

Dolph vs Miz 2016 was a cracking feud, Ziggler's best performances ever have been in those matches. Way better rivalry than Cena vs Orton, or Dolph vs Kofi. I feel like the collection has probably got a thousand meaningless Miz vs Ziggler matches from before the feud though, that just filled TV time and were immediately forgotten.

Has Austin fallen out with WWE again? I noticed he hasn't done a Network podcast since August. The last one being that disaster of an Ambrose interview.

Given the state of his podcasts lately I'm glad. It's either his pal on a ranch, or complaining for ten minutes about not getting cable in his rental place, then talking about getting a private plane back from his ranch as he couldnt be bothered driving. Your either cheap or not , pick a side and stick to it

• Paid Members

I don't know if he has fallen out with them, but like you said about the Ambrose one - it's possible he's said he can't be fucked with it unless he knows the guest and they want him to interview some colossal bore like Rollins, and there's a stalemate. Mind you, I'm purely creating this possibility in my on head.

Did Austin ever speak about that podcast afterwards? What was his reaction?

• Awards Moderator

Did Austin ever speak about that podcast afterwards? What was his reaction?

Don't recall him mentioning it.

Austin hasn't done them over the winter as he heads to the ranch to do lots of tedious farming and hunting stuff. In other years they've let someone else have go, none of whom have been as good.