Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Just watched Shawn Michaels vs Mankind from In Your House: Mind Games - a very good match, yet still some people are chanting "boring"!

Might be chatting shit here but I'm drunk and it's Friday so here it goes: Wrestling crowds these days get a lot of stick and in many cases it's deserved. But one I think 2017 fans do better than those in bygone years is patience for matches to develop, maybe because we're used to long main events and expect them to start slowly.

There's also an absence of hardcore homophobia, misogyny and crude sexual references in the signs and chants. These are some I observed over the last few things I've watched:

FRED 4 69 (Wrestlemania Rage Party 99)

JOHN IS A HOMO (Wrestlemania Rage Party 99)

DRUNK 3:65 (Rumble 99, quite liked this one to be fair)

SHAWN IS GAY (Survivor Series 97)

'You suck dick' (Most ECW shows when a female appeared)

'She's a crack whore' (Most ECW shows when a female appeared)

'Vince is gay' (Over the Edge 98)

• Awards Moderator

I don't know if he has fallen out with them, but like you said about the Ambrose one - it's possible he's said he can't be fucked with it unless he knows the guest and they want him to interview some colossal bore like Rollins, and there's a stalemate. Mind you, I'm purely creating this possibility in my on head.

Did Austin ever speak about that podcast afterwards? What was his reaction?
Don't recall him mentioning it.

Austin hasn't done them over the winter as he heads to the ranch to do lots of tedious farming and hunting stuff. In other years they've let someone else have go, none of whom have been as good.

Just thought of this - surely Steve will interview Kurt Angle on the eve of HOF? Good mates, he knows what to ask him already...

• Paid Members

Where are the U.K. Championships stored? See them on schedules but not when I try to find a section for them

In WWE Network Exclusives which is in the In-Ring section.

As with every episode of WWE 24 they have done previously, it was superb.

Most camera time goes to Ryder, Charlotte, Styles, HHH, New Day - with most of the others on the card getting some screen time.

Now I've got a kid I was getting all emotional with the heavy focus on wrestlers wanting to make their father's proud.

Charlotte with Ric, Styles with his kids, Shane with his kids, Shane with Vince, and so on.

Despite all the backstage footage and wrestlers talking to camera out of character, they always do a good job of keeping a bit of kayfabe with enemies not being filmed together on camera.

In a montage of wrestlers celebrating backstage however, I did see a split second where Zayn & Owens toasted eachother with a beer. 

I know the stories about Vince going days on end without sleep due to working so hard, but seeing Triple H's routine over the weekend was insane. Knowing he does a lot of what Vince used to do - as well as main eventing the PPV itself at the end of the weekend - was crazy.

- He was the top guy in charge of a huge ppv on Friday night (NXT Takeover)

- He had to oversee everything at Axxess

- He spent all day Saturday inside the WrestleMania stadium and attending meetings

- Hall of Fame Saturday night

- Then back to the stadium to work through the night

- Then rehearsals and meetings all day Sunday

- MAIN EVENTING WrestleMania

And in between all of those things he was working out multiple times each day to maintains one of the best physiques in the company.

Incredible.

• Paid Members

It's absolutely crazy the schedule the guy has. No matter what anybody has said about him and the role his relationship with Stephanie had in his ascension, there's no way Vince would have HHH in the position he's in if his work ethic wasn't as high as it clearly is. He's a man operating like a machine.