Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

On 05/03/2017 at 6:37 PM, Supremo said:

I watched Wrestlemania 26 today. I was absolutely gutted when the, "Running Up That Hill," music video before HBK vs. Undertaker was replaced with a generic promo instead. Considering it's probably the best video package the company ever put together, I was looking forward to watching that almost as much as the match itself.

I'm not going crazy am I? They originally showed the, "Running Up That Hill," video before that match, didn't they?

I'm now worried the Miz's "Hate Me Now," video package won't be on the Network version of Wrestlemania 27. You know, since that was the best thing on that show by miles and miles.

https://youtu.be/VgauGnovoSE

• Paid Members
On 03/04/2017 at 5:44 AM, AirJordanFan93 said:

2 New Collections dropping on Monday

Edge Career Retrospective and The Road to ECW: Barley Legal

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/04/02/exclusive-2-new-wwe-network-collections-set-for-tomorrow-hall-of-famer-and-historic-ecw-ppv-profiled/

Started watching the Edge collection last night. Some interesting bits early on. A squash with Meng on WCW Saturday Night and a dark match with Christian - although that has Matt Striker involved in commentary.

These collections annoy me because they're so vague. I don't want every segment off every show but with Edge, there are only about 3 bits from 2000. There are tons of skits and stuff that should be on an Edge collection from 2000. They could easily do it.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Started watching the Edge collection last night. Some interesting bits early on. A squash with Meng on WCW Saturday Night and a dark match with Christian - although that has Matt Striker involved in commentary.

These collections annoy me because they're so vague. I don't want every segment off every show but with Edge, there are only about 3 bits from 2000. There are tons of skits and stuff that should be on an Edge collection from 2000. They could easily do it.

The vast majority of the Edge collection was just taken from his first DVD from 2008 so I was a bit disappointed with that fact

That new "Road to Barely Legal" collection includes my favourite ever table bump.

Spoiler

After destroying Spike Dudley in a match in which Sabu wore orange & black, did a lot of Tazplexes, and finished it with the Tazmission - Sabu spoke on the mic for the first time: "Taz... fuckin' midget... get out here!".

Then Fonzie comes out and ends up going through a table in a way I've never seen before or since.

Sabu is my all-time favourite wrestler so I have seen all of his ECW stuff and lots of stuf from elsewhere, but here he has Fonzie on the table at ringside and sets up a chair in the ring for what looks like his triple jump plancha.

But the crazy fucker takes his run up, vaults off the chair and hurdles the top rope doing a perfect legdrop through the ringside table.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I watched a few random matches from the first couple of years of Raw there on Friday evening. One of them was a Diesel vs Lex Luger Intercontinental Title match that was much better than it had any right to be. It opened the show and was certainly the high point. 

Razor Ramon v Virgil got a watch, as did the Beverly Brothers vs  Money Inc.

The best match of my random pickings though was a six man between Owen/Yoko/Hakushi vs Bret/Kid/Sparky Plugg. It really was a pretty good match that I had never watched before. 

Watching a few random Raw's also involved constant changes in the commentary team, which makes the good people stand out even more against the bad. I like Vince at the commentary desk so I have him in the thumbs up category, along with J.R and King. But Randy Savage really wasn't cut out for it I don't think. Rob Bartlett, well the less said about him the better.

The worst thing about all the episodes though was the building they were in. It was pretty much a shithole when you compare it to the Manhattan Center for the early Raws. Grandeur and style it was most certainly lacking.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Fucking hell, Shawn Michaels sounds like a right mess on that Table for 3. Its like listening to a fucked up speak and spell. Proper sounds like an old rock singer who has had to many drugs over the years and its catching up with him.

On the upside, the time I interviewed him was the easiest transcription job ever as I never once had to stop the playback so my typing could catch up.