Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Fucking hell, Shawn Michaels sounds like a right mess on that Table for 3. Its like listening to a fucked up speak and spell. Proper sounds like an old rock singer who has had to many drugs over the years and its catching up with him.

Is it comparable to his contributions on the WrestleMania Kickoff show? This was probably recorded the same weekend.

I watched it last night and he seemed fine.

I did notice him stumbling over his words and not saying much of note on the WM33 kick-off but I assumed he just wasn't arsed and wanted to get backstage to hang around with his mates.

But on Table For 3, after Ian had described him as Ozzy Osbourne-like on Twitter, I was surprised to find him totally coherent and he actually had plenty of interesting stuff to say.

Spoiler

He explained his reasons for not wanting to have any more matches very clearly. Going into detail about how he still loves wrestling and gets a kick out of being around the business when he spends time at the Performance Center, but he doesn't want to ruin the perfect ending to his career.

They talked about AJ being the one who was looking for their dream match at Royal Rumble and circulated that photoshopped poster that went around, but Shawn broke it down to "who should win, and what do both guys gain from it?".

I liked how Shawn said to AJ who would go over if they had a match and how it would effect them if one of them had to lose, like it would ruin Shawn's legacy and the matches he had with Taker wanting them to be his last match, also Shawn didn't want to beat AJ and kill AJ's momentum.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Think Shawn was fine, he does stumble over words from time to time, but I think that is because he gets excited when telling story etc. rather than anything else.

I think the editing team did him a solid.

I listened to him the other month on a radio show while he was promoting that film he was in. It was exhausting waiting for him to arrive at his point - he spends forever darting all over the place to say something equivalent to "Yeah, I enjoyed making the film".

Yea Shawn took a long to get to the point but some people are like that. If he said "Well I'd come back if I went over you (to AJ) and had another run on top" that would be like only a 30 sec segment. By breaking it down and talking about it in more detail I think it was a more thought out statement. Also I think the Table for 3s should be longer if there's good conversation and/or they are fun like the "Book the Golden Truth" one. The Corny/PS Hayes/Bischoff one will either be fun and interesting or Cornette throwing shade at Bischoff and Bisch rolling his eyes.

• Paid Members

It did take ages for Shawn to get to his point, but thats just Shawn from everything I've heard from him recently. Much more intrigued about why they thought the story warranted a Table for 3, as nice as it was to watch Kevin Nash talk about anything, it didn't really make any sense. It did however, lead me to a few Nash shoot interviews, which entertained the hell out of me, so theres that.