Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

I did wonder if WWE would look to add coverage of non-WWE independent promotions to their Network.

As the article above says, it's what UFC has done (you can watch Invicta, Cage Warriors, EFN, Pancrase, Shooto, GLORY, EBI and more) and, as such, their online platform has not only become a destination platform for UFC content, but MMA content in general.

yeh that would be good, i just imagine the WWE would want control over what the other promotions are putting out. The UFC knows what it's getting with fights but indie promotions would likely have to run their ideas through the WWE before they'd allow them access to their network wouldnt they?

• Paid Members

There was a good point brought up about the can of worms this would open for the exclusivity on someone of the wrestlers deals. Like, if WWE puts PWG on the Network and Lucha Underground doesnt want say Joey Ryan working on anyone elses TV, its going to be an odd one.

This looks like only a matter of time before they buy the TNA library then. If they are going in this direction, its obvious they want that.

Seems odd to stick the Big 4 on the cheapest tier. I can sort of see the logic - draw in those who aren't subscribing at all just now with the biggest shows - but I'd have thought it made more sense to offer all the single brand PPV's for that purpose and use the Big 4 to entice people up to the next level.

Not fond of the idea of fans voting on the Hall of Fame. It's more interesting to see who Vince has chosen, and it would create a clear distinction between inductees where we (and the inductees themselves, both existing and future) will never know if they'd have still gotten in under the other system.

Seems odd to stick the Big 4 on the cheapest tier. I can sort of see the logic - draw in those who aren't subscribing at all just now with the biggest shows - but I'd have thought it made more sense to offer all the single brand PPV's for that purpose and use the Big 4 to entice people up to the next level.

Phone & Tablet only though, I do wonder if they will have restrictions on how many devices you can watch The Network on at any one time (not sure if they do already?) but I highly doubt you would have more than two people watching on a phone/tablet so might cut down on those sharing accounts. 

I'm actually surprised that they aren't moving all the PPVs over to the 14.99 plan.

You then run the risk of alienating everyone whose been paying $9.99 since it launched by giving them less at the the price they're paying now.

Pay a little extra and get a little extra seems a good idea. I'd pay the $14.99 depending what independents they do a deal with. I know they've had a working deal of sorts in place with EVOLVE for a little bit so could maybe see them being on there

• Paid Members

The Hall of Fame voting is pretty mental, because this is the internet afterall. This is a place where you can find any youtube video and there will be about 50 likes if someone says "Frenchy Martin should be in the Hall of Fame." I imagine everyone on earth will be in the Hall of Fame if its left up to a wrestling fan vote.

I for one would vote for Mel Phillips for 2019.

But seriously, $4.99 and you get the big 4, that is not bad at all. It will be interesting to see where they land with the Network. It's only been two years since it was brought in. It's still early stages to be honest.

Edited by TheLowdown1987

• Paid Members

That tiered pricing plan for the network seems interesting, I'd probably stick with what I presume is Plan 3, not interested in RoH at all and not interested enough in old TNA footage to fork out an extra fiver a month.