Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

The Hidden Gems collection is now available on the network.

Emphasis on the word 'hidden'- I expected it to be on the main page but instead I eventually found it right at the end of the collections section!

Samoa Joe looks so young and, well, cack in his match VS Regal. How long was this before his ROH Prophecy stable stuff, when he first joined? I don't remember him looking anywhere near that small/young at the time.

The Hidden Gems collection is now available on the network.

Emphasis on the word 'hidden'- I expected it to be on the main page but instead I eventually found it right at the end of the collections section!

Samoa Joe looks so young and, well, cack in his match VS Regal. How long was this before his ROH Prophecy stable stuff, when he first joined? I don't remember him looking anywhere near that small/young at the time.

I believe it's about two years as I seem to remember he debuted towards the end of ROH's first year in 2002.

• Moderators

It's the final match from the awesome feud between Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer from Georgia Championship Wrestling. It's been missing for 33 years and has never been seen by the public on tape, only those who had seen the match live in the Omni. It'd been thought that Ole Anderson had destroyed the tape by many, that Paul Ellering held the only copy by others.

And I'm happy to announce, it fucking rules. More than lives up to it. A total intense bloodbath followed by an equally intense and awesome brawl between Ole Anderson and Paul Ellering.

It's release is a pretty big story.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's the final match from the awesome feud between Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer from Georgia Championship Wrestling. It's been missing for 33 years and has never been seen by the public on tape, only those who had seen the match live in the Omni. It'd been thought that Ole Anderson had destroyed the tape by many, that Paul Ellering held the only copy by others.

And I'm happy to announce, it fucking rules. More than lives up to it. A total intense bloodbath followed by an equally intense and awesome brawl between Ole Anderson and Paul Ellering.

It's release is a pretty big story.

Do we think the timing of Ellering turning up on NXT had anything to do with this? 

• Moderators

I think WWE Network uploaded a background video to Last Battle to get people up to speed. Personally I don't mind the lack of commentary. Makes it seem more visceral.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

Dunno. If it set a precedent for being on TV after the live show, why would you go the live show and pay when you can watch it the next Saturday on TBS for nothing?

Also, remember, The Final Battle of a long feud and you can only see it live at the Omni is a great motivation for seeing it in person and creating a big house. There's no house to gain from showing it on TBS. Especially with a new angle starting right after it with Buzz Sawyer turning babyface vs The Road Warriors. If they shown it on TV when he's working or turning babyface it'd muddy matters and his new angle.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm guessing back then, tv wasn't the cashcow, gates were. The entire business model was understandably completely different. No different than over here. Sure there was World of Sport, but ultimately it was an advertisement for their bread and butter- joint promotion shows every single day up and down the country.