Ridiculous ways wrestling has worked itself into your everyday life

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

For my University interview Monday, I have to do a 4 minute presentation of a lesson plan for students at KS3 for English. Chose to do a topic on creative writing; it's an entire lesson on biography writing of a series of fictional wrestlers created by pupils who are put into groups as factions/tag teams/rivalries in order to be able to write alongside their peers, with examples of biographies of a fictional character wrote by myself and one of the real life Barry Horowitz using wrestling terminology presented in a glossary of terms...

I end the lesson plan showing them the Hard Times promo by Dusty and the Cream Rises to the Top by Mene Gene/Savage as a future topic aim is to creative write a promo for their created character.

I'm either really thick, or a genius, because I'd have loved to do this at 13.

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Just seen an advert for Crayola that’s using Dvorák’s ‘Symphony No.9 in E Minor: From The New World’, which is WALTER’s theme music. 

Then got to thinking what tone of red his opponents chest would be after all the chops 

Crimson perhaps?

• Paid Members
On 4/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Just seen an advert for Crayola that’s using Dvorák’s ‘Symphony No.9 in E Minor: From The New World’, which is WALTER’s theme music. 

Then got to thinking what tone of red his opponents chest would be after all the chops 

Though of course a symphony has multiple movements in it. Which is why when I was telling my wife about Walter entering to that music on a violin at Wembley, she was picturing:

http://tubedubber.com/?q=nuIPZqh0Bl0:SnSOYavRa0g:0:100:0:0:1

Edited by JNLister

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I’m at a conference today which includes a speaker from The National Archives, who refers to his employers by their initials, including the ‘The’. So I’ve been hearing all about TNA’s plans, and TNA’s long term goals, and what TNA have accomplished, all morning. It’s a struggle to pay attention to what he’s actually talking about.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’m at a conference today which includes a speaker from The National Archives, who refers to his employers by their initials, including the ‘The’. So I’ve been hearing all about TNA’s plans, and TNA’s long term goals, and what TNA have accomplished, all morning. It’s a struggle to play attention to what he’s actually talking about.

I'm sure there are plenty of Relliks in TNA. Maybe the Magna Carter? 

I'm sorry. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Don’t be. I expect what they have in their stores is worth a Fourtune.

There was that long-postulated rumour that Edward the Black Prince actually did become king, but the history of his rule was erased by Henry Tudor.

I wonder if they have any documents that will tell us about the Black Reign?

1 hour ago, Statto said:

It's now May 2019. This results in me writing/typing/reading "May 19" several times a day.

Every time I do, I think of Kane, and his least favourite day.

And on May 19th of May 2019 is when the final episode of Game of Thrones airs. Fuck all the fan theories and sod the Night King, it’s Jacob Goodnight that’s taking the Iron Throne

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And on May 19th of May 2019 is when the final episode of Game of Thrones airs. Fuck all the fan theories and sod the Night King, it’s Jacob Goodnight that’s taking the Iron Throne

"That's gotta be ... that's gotta be Kane!"

excited oh no GIF