Ridiculous ways wrestling has worked itself into your everyday life

HarmonicGenerator

In uni, my housemates and I had a Hardcore Championship which was obviously defended 24/7. It was usually won by simply placing a finger on the champion as they had both shoulders resting on the back of the sofa while a third party counted the pinball, but on the odd occasion it would change hands after a full on assault. We decided to stop after one occasion where the current champion was being attacked by my other housemate and he fell half way down the stairs and fucked his ankle. It didn't stop said attacker from pinning him mind, ignoring the screams of "GET THE FUCK OFF ME I'VE BROKEN MY LEG!".

Me and my mates had a 24/7 Hardcore Championship too. I'm still technically Champion seemingly waking up just at the right time to kick out whenever someone tried to pin me whenever I passed out from drinking too much. I think I've been Champion about 6 years now...

Myself and my partner have introduced a "money in the bank" style gimmick into our lives.

We trade in poker chips, which can be used to override a decision. So for example if we can't agree on a film / DVD / restaurant... We can cash in our chip and override the other.

My partner used her last one to enforce a chick flick for a DVD rental. I plan to use mine to force her to go see a action film at the cinema.

people still rent dvd's???

:p

In Australia we have something called a Hoyts video box which is generally cheaper than most online rental services here. It's only going to get worse as the Australian government are looking to tax digital services. 

We haven't used one in about a year since getting Netflix, but we've just moved house and it takes about a bloody age to set up the internet here. 

I've just had an evil idea and might try and use my chip to get her to clean the bathroom this week.... not sure how that one will fly. 

• 1 month later...

Watching this clip with a non wrestling fan I Whaaaayed at Dominique Baratelli's warm up exercise at 01:28. 

I thought best not to explain or further point out how Jean-Paul Bertrand-Demanes' sells the bump against the post more convincingly that 90% of John Cena's defence.

• 2 years later...
  • Awards Moderator

Bringing this topic back from the dead. Why? Because I've developed a stye this week and it's a right pain.

The only silver living is that I now get to go around saying "MY EYE! LAWLER, YOU BASTARD, MY EYE!" to entertain myself while trying to force the ointment in.

• Paid Members

My shower is a walk in job that has two doors you pull apart from the middle when you get in and out. Looks like one of the old Elimination Chamber pods, so I quite frequently do Triple H's water spit thing, step outside, then pretend I've been superkicked by Shawn Michaels while falling into the towel rail.

37 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I was up a ladder once and my wife bumped into it so I threw myself off Money In the Bank style and broke the bed slats.

Please tell us your wife then climbed the ladder, unscrewed the lightbulb and now carries it around in her handbag waiting for an unsuspecting moment to cash it in on you.

There's a set of railings near where I take the pooch for a walk, and they have three horizontal bars across. Perfect for standing with your feet on the middle and top ropes, and taking a moment to look around at the fans in the arena.