Ridiculous ways wrestling has worked itself into your everyday life

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Slapnut said:

IMG-5309.jpg

The greatest night in the history of our car park.

I actually have a story about Mr Schiavone and am surprised I didn't bring this up myself.

When I was about 9 years old we were told that a Mr Tony Schiavone was coming to our primary school to talk about something (I can't even remember the reason why).

But gullible young me actually expected the WCW Mr Schiavone to pop up at a random entirely Welsh speaking school of about 50 pupils in the mid 1990's.

Well, let's say that who turned up wasn't Lois Schiavone's husband anyway.

Mind you, the way the Welsh Schiavone pronounces his surname with a hard c rather than the sshh sounds much more Italian/authentic and makes me wonder who is right!

Edited by garynysmon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
10 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Surely there is not one of us on here that hasn't seen a small child sat on their parents shoulders and thought about clotheslining them off while yelling 'Doomsday Device', no? 

“thought about”….?

I was scrolling through twitter/X and this GET KHAN OUT logo caught my eye as I scrolled

Now given I follow a lot of wrestling related accounts, the only thought I had on seeing it was that it was something aimed at Tony Khan from a CM Punk fan or something and I thought the use of the London Underground logo was quite funny given the Punk issues at All In with the riding the Underground story

It was only when I read who the reply was to that I realised my mistake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This started off life as a planned post to Snack Attack but really it needs to go here. I’ve been snacking in Poland where the chief competitor to Lidl is a chain called Biedronka. I should stress that while the inside of Lidl is pretty similar it’s far from strictly a discount chain here - they have ads on telly with Lewandowski & Lewandowska and for the Parkwise brand featuring Arnie and are a big deal. I digress, Biedronka is very similar indeed except the name means Ladybird and so the logo is everything you want it to be ;

IMG_1543.thumb.jpeg.39c503234c2d8c2a1389c47e98992360.jpeg

The reason I show you this is because on a very rare occasion you find one where the logo on the storefront is the blacked out variant ;

IMG_1715.thumb.jpeg.9b2acdf5aacbe7051e4cc3798eb013ec.jpeg

…. I see this and all my wrestling brain can think is that the shop is basically the same except all the products have turned heel.

If that wasn’t enough….

IMG_1714.thumb.jpeg.20daba1859eaf83d2423a4dad2c8331a.jpeg

….. clearly over here they haven’t gotten over Nexus getting crushed at SummerSlam 2010. Jak şie masz?

18 hours ago, air_raid said:

If that wasn’t enough….

IMG_1714.thumb.jpeg.20daba1859eaf83d2423a4dad2c8331a.jpeg

….. clearly over here they haven’t gotten over Nexus getting crushed at SummerSlam 2010. Jak şie masz?

I've seen Super Cena in Prague too. :)

Genuinely got my protein shaker flask this morning, held it close to my chest and went 'Ooooh yesss!!!' like Paul Bearer. 
We've all done that, right?..... right?

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I've seen Super Cena in Prague too. :)

There’s a ton of the “shared root language” stuff that goes on, having passed through Slovakia I can understand a ton of ingredients on Slovak/Czech products because of similarities to the Polish. Just like you can half-understand a bit of Dutch if your German is decent, and same with the Latin languages… once you know “gato” is Spanish for cat, you can infer “gatta” is the same in Italian etc.

Got into a twitter argument with that racist bollocks who runs Depher, the plumbers who fit free boilers for vulnerable white people. 

Anyway, a few years ago he shared a golliwog pic on his Facebook and makes out he didn’t, and that someone posted it to his wall. He apologised for not deleting it but still makes out he wasn’t to blame. 

I was pointing out that he was lying and he kept replying with IVE APOLOGISED FIVE TIMES

FIVE TIMES!!!

FIVE TIMES!!!!!!

I was going to reply with “Calm down Booker T” but he deleted his tweets and blocked me. 

Needless to say, I had the last laugh

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Got into a twitter argument with that racist bollocks who runs Depher, the plumbers who fit free boilers for vulnerable white people. 

Anyway, a few years ago he shared a golliwog pic on his Facebook and makes out he didn’t, and that someone posted it to his wall. He apologised for not deleting it but still makes out he wasn’t to blame. 

I was pointing out that he was lying and he kept replying with IVE APOLOGISED FIVE TIMES

FIVE TIMES!!!

FIVE TIMES!!!!!!

I was going to reply with “Calm down Booker T” but he deleted his tweets and blocked me. 

Needless to say, I had the last laugh

How vulnerable and white does one have to be to get a free boiler from the racist bollocks? We could potentially put this tadger out of business.