Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted May 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 25, 2025 On 5/24/2025 at 2:16 PM, Scratch said: Brad Friedel harbouring an overpriced Toblerone at Gatwick Airport. I was amazed you recognised the composer who did the score for The Terminator - then I realised that's Brad Fiedel. No idea who your guy is. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted May 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 26, 2025 19 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said: I was amazed you recognised the composer who did the score for The Terminator - then I realised that's Brad Fiedel. No idea who your guy is. He was the goaltender for Liverpool, The Blackburn Rovers and The Tottenham Hotspurs. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 26, 2025 Members Posted May 26, 2025 5 hours ago, Scratch said: He was the goaltender for Liverpool, The Blackburn Rovers and The Tottenham Hotspurs. Was also Hellboy. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted May 27, 2025 Posted May 27, 2025 On 5/25/2025 at 4:35 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said: I was amazed you recognised the composer who did the score for The Terminator - then I realised that's Brad Fiedel. No idea who your guy is. TIL That I've been misreading Brad Fiedel's name as Brad Friedel for years Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted May 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2025 Susan Wokoma off of Taskmaster and probably lots of other things I've never watched, buying a lobster roll in a hipster chippy in Hackney Wick. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2025 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: buying a lobster roll in a hipster chippy in Hackney Wick I mean you didn't need both of those phrases. I can just see it in the Chippy Tea thread now. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2025 40 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: I mean you didn't need both of those phrases. I can just see it in the Chippy Tea thread now. The kebab deniers will have a meltdown. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 27, 2025 Members Posted May 27, 2025 I think this wins for just how crap a spot it is, but the four lads (couldn't even tell you their names) who present the Tifo football podcast/YouTube videos, waiting to be let in to the Walthamstow theatre, before their live show on Saturday night. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 8, 2025 Posted July 8, 2025 Not a celeb spot as such but Dave Hill from Slade came to my work to pick up a guitar we had built for him. He’s absolutely tiny, still has the hair and can talk for England, but he’s a lovely bloke and we had a great chat about Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted August 18, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted August 18, 2025 (edited) Tilda Swinton, walking through St Andrews Square in Edinburgh. No Fringe flyers in her hand. Edited August 18, 2025 by HarmonicGenerator She does have a house round here to be fair Quote
deathrey Posted August 19, 2025 Posted August 19, 2025 I saw Joe Lycett at the Early Bird Bakery in Kings Heath, he was with his partner and their baby. He does live round the corner from the bakery so not a massive surprise. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 19, 2025 (edited) David Icke on Chancery Lane, necking neat brine from a jar of silverskin onions. Honestly more troublesome than the lizard people beliefs. Like to think this happened immediately before. Edited August 19, 2025 by Gus Mears Quote
TV Time Remaining Posted August 19, 2025 Posted August 19, 2025 David Seaman singing along to Go West (the band) at Rewind Festival Henley on Saturday Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted August 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 28, 2025 Charlie brooker having to do an awkward shuffle around me as he left Pret in Manchester. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 28, 2025 Members Posted August 28, 2025 53 minutes ago, chokeout said: Charlie brooker having to do an awkward shuffle around me as he left Pret in Manchester. I once saw him at Waterloo and actually said a quick hello and that I really enjoyed his Guardian column at the time (christ, what a dweeb) When I got to work and told a mate, one of the women overheard me say I saw Charlie Brooker and was amazed at this. She then asked me if I'd asked her what Barry was like in real life, and it then twigged that she thought I'd seen Charlie Brooks aka Janine Butcher from Eastenders, who incidentally I've seen hundreds of times in the part of Surrey I lived. Very attractive in real life. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.