Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
15 hours ago, Ulf ist Gut said:

Ahh the Tem - I worked there during the summer a couple of times as well when back from uni. Aside from the usual fights and chundering next to the bar, the moment that stands out in particular was the time a guy who was absoutely smashed dropped both his trousers and pants in the middle of the bar and, after being escorted outside, contunued to stand outside the pub with his trousers around his ankles and his arms in the air until the police arrived. Good times.

I don't think I saw anyone famous there, although I do remember seeing something in one of the local papers years ago about someone from either Motorhead or Iron Maiden (possibly both at different times) paying it a visit so I wouldn't rule out a Jericho appearance there at some point.

Getting totally inside baseball here but fairycroft house now operates as a sort of music centre (hirable spaces,  setups for bands to record and most noteably lots of charity music stuff for supporting young carers). The guy who runs it was a roadie for motorhead for years (and also has a band where iirc motorhead have people done guest spots on tracks) so quite possible it relates to that.

Theres a whole bunch of neat memorabilia on show in the building. Old motorhead amp and guitars and the like

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Alexander Armstrong strolling cautiously down Charing Cross Road opposite the Garrick, heading in the direction of the Portrait Gallery. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Joe Marler from Celebrity Traitors / everything at the moment, getting off the Tube at Hammersmith. Would have expected him to be at least a head taller than me. He is not.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Posted
16 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Joe Marler from Celebrity Traitors / everything at the moment, getting off the Tube at Hammersmith. Would have expected him to be at least a head taller than me. He is not.

He was a prop, they are rarely short but rarely very tall either, I'd say usuall 180-188cm; they are a big immovable lump. 

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

He was a prop, they are rarely short but rarely very tall either, I'd say usuall 180-188cm; they are a big immovable lump. 

 

 

As someone who played at prop I can say that misty's description is bang on. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Another round of Charing Cross Road Celeb Spotting: Andrew Marr, outside the Portrait Gallery opposite the war memorial (Thursday morning during the outage). 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Richard Kind on Wardour Street, carrying a white plastic bin bag, looking slightly bemused. He’s over for a 6 week run in The Producers at The Garrick. 

  • Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Amazing! Richard Kind is the fucking best. 

Agreed. He's the sort of person that if I saw him, I think I'd have to say hello and ask for a picture, and I never, ever want to do that.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Ian McKellen - Ian fucking McKellen! - heading into Leicester Square past the Bear & Staff. He had a flat cap on and was linking arms with someone. I would have asked for a photo but it was crazy busy and he probably would have told me to fuck off. Dunno if they’re doing a screening of The Christophers tonight, I think it’s getting a general release quite soon. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...