DavidB6937 Posted August 18 Posted August 18 Michael Portillo looking exactly how you'd expect him to look in all his colourful madness at Liverpool Street. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 Lived in Staines for a few years now and never seen anyone from Staines’ own band Hard-Fi. Especially the singer who drinks down the pub I play darts for. Well, today I saw singer Rich Archer coming out the train station. I saw him and put my thumb up and he smiled and said hello and I sort of panicked and just said “Hard-Fi” with my thumb still up. Walked past with my head in my hands. Cringed and mortified at myself. Wife hasn’t stopped taking me piss. Worse than the time I just shouted “come on Roy” at Roy Hodgson. I should just keep my head down when I see someone famous. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 22 Members Posted August 22 I worked in Staines for two years and saw him every day. These spots are *looks at camera in Carbomb* hard to beat. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 Next time I see him, I Better Do Better. My wife’s going to be teaching his son next year. She said he came to summer school wearing a Hard-Fi shirt. Dads just giving him left over merch clearly. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I worked in Staines for two years and saw him every day. At the cash machine? Quote
Joe Blog Posted August 22 Posted August 22 49 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: I sort of panicked and just said “Hard-Fi” with my thumb still up. This properly tickled me. I can almost feel the embarrassment for you. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 22 Members Posted August 22 17 minutes ago, gmoney said: At the cash machine? No, he had his hands bound so he couldn't put in his PIN. Some say he was tied up too tight (sorry) Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 43 minutes ago, Joe Blog said: This properly tickled me. I can almost feel the embarrassment for you. Same, it's creased me. There goes Rich Archer. I must remember to say 'Hard-Fi!' Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 I’m nearly 36 years old ffs. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 (edited) This was what popped into my head at this story. Edited August 22 by Carbomb Dunga Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 22 Posted August 22 Sat on a train nearly in tears laughing at the thought. Trying to hide it because if anyone asks what's so funny it's just not gonna hit right. Plus the people in front of me are German. "Aber warum sollte er Hard-Fi sagen?" Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted August 23 Paid Members Posted August 23 The brilliant Daniel Wakefield from The Undateables sat opposite me on our flight back from Barcelona just now. Lovely lovely man, as were his mum and dad. Quote
AshC Posted August 23 Posted August 23 On 8/22/2026 at 2:31 PM, TheBurningRed said: Lived in Staines for a few years now and never seen anyone from Staines’ own band Hard-Fi. Especially the singer who drinks down the pub I play darts for. Well, today I saw singer Rich Archer coming out the train station. I saw him and put my thumb up and he smiled and said hello and I sort of panicked and just said “Hard-Fi” with my thumb still up. Walked past with my head in my hands. Cringed and mortified at myself. Wife hasn’t stopped taking me piss. Worse than the time I just shouted “come on Roy” at Roy Hodgson. I should just keep my head down when I see someone famous. Any CCTV of this? Quote
TobyK Posted August 26 Posted August 26 Christian Cage on the Airport bus from the plane to the terminal (Easyjet Glasgow to Luton) Was gonna try & ask for a photo, but he was already looking and sounding pissed off with someone trying to talk to him. Overheard that he will not be returning to WWE. Quote
Glenryck Pilchards Posted August 26 Posted August 26 I would be pissed off if I was flying easyJet too. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.