The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I don't get why rope breaks can't be a thing in triple threats. Surely touching the ropes invalidates a submission in the same way it invalidates a pin ?

Sure the wrestler doesn't have to release the hold as he cant be DQ'd but the Ref can refuse to ring the bell should the wrestler in the submission tap or pass out whilst in the ropes ?

• Paid Members

The issue is not getting disqualified or not ; it's that reaching the ropes constitutes a break of the hold or pin. The ref can still enforce that (or at least ATTEMPT to) and certainly there's no winning if your opponent is in the ropes.

Of course they can fanny around with the rules to mean whatever they want anyway. Shawn was wrapped around the ring post in the finish of DX/Priceless at Breaking Point which I thought was bollocks, and as for one person getting disqualified in a Triple Threat if they wanted to, The Rock managed to lose one by count-out against Hunter and X-Pac on Raw in 1998 - they simply announced that he'd lost, but retained the title. Nobody had won, just that The Rock had lost. Which was also bollocks.

What happens if a wrestler passes out without tapping in a triple threat?

The other 2 carry on. Passing out isn't a fall, it's a stoppage because someone isn't fit to continue. If you still have 2 fit competitors the match isn't stopped.

Well that's my take on it anyway.

They've never not been permitted, it's just that the rules are cloudy. Even Michael Cole said during the Womens Championship Triple Threat at Wrestlemania, there are no disqualifications in a Triple Threat.

Which makes the rope break thing even stranger, sure, the referee can try to enforce a break of a hold with his 5 count, but if a wrestler doesn't release that hold, nobody is getting disqualified. He just won't call a winner if someone submits whilst in the ropes.

It's easier with a pinfall attempt as the referee can just stop the count.

What happens if a wrestler passes out without tapping in a triple threat?

The other 2 carry on. Passing out isn't a fall, it's a stoppage because someone isn't fit to continue. If you still have 2 fit competitors the match isn't stopped.

Well that's my take on it anyway.

Yeah I'd see it as similar to when someone goes through the announce Table in a Triple Threat and are down for ages, the Match carries on around them as a Triple Threat in name but they are just not involved in it

I thought the Raw main event was cleverly booked this week, granted for all we know the world title match could be next week and we could see Jericho cost AJ, the main event this week had four wrestlers the crowd could like and relate too, all were over in there own respective ways and of course you had an American/Canadian/European pretty much guaranteeing a good response from a crowd which had travelled to the Mania weekend.

Going forward either Roman turns heel or Styles gets the Bullet Club involved? 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

On the train home on the last leg of my journey back from Dallas. My tired brain is contemplating.. It's difficult to see when Roman is getting cheered next. Raw is in the Staples Center, LA next week and over here the week after that.

I enjoyed the heck out of Raw live for all the random things that happened. I'm quite looking forward to watching it back on TV when I've caught up on sleep and watched Takeover / Mania back.

I throughly enjoyed Raw as well but I guess the live crowd played a massive part in that. 

I've also been saying for a while that Wyatt should have a face run so will be interesting to see how that pans out, think they are smart doing it the day after Mania with that crowd and also knowing that Wyatt always gets great reactions in the UK ahead of the taping in the next couple weeks, I still have a feeling the family will turn on him once the LON bullshit is done with as can't see them all working as faces. 

I suppose a face turn is about all they can do with him to make him more interesting but I'm not buying him as a face. Those senseless rambling promo's won't wash as a face and a stable of monster faces is pap. I'd expect an awful Strowman vs Wyatt match down the line if he turns.