The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

You need to put you opponent through a table, so the usos missing the splash meant they put themselves through and resulting in D-Von throwing one of them through straight after.

As far as I'm concerned though as it was a tag team match both members have to be put through a table so the finish was still botched.

• Paid Members

It's probably one of those things they change as and when to suit themselves. Like there's no rope breaks in a triple threat.

I spat out my drink when I heard that on Sunday night, because it's utter bollocks.

Cena and Big Show have both lost tables matches after falling through them. Cena against Sheamus for the World Title, and Big Show against Cody in 2012 I think.

Show wasn't even a fall, it was a step. He didn't really even "go through" the table, he trod on it and it broke beneath him. It was terrible.

Hardys/Dudley's RR2000 was the first table match wasn't it? Anyway at least Matt defo put himself through a table and commentary explicitly stated that it didn't count as you must put your opponent through a table.

It's probably one of those things they change as and when to suit themselves. Like there's no rope breaks in a triple threat.

I spat out my drink when I heard that on Sunday night, because it's utter bollocks.

Whilst I agree that they imply the rules as and when it suits them, I think "no rope breaks" in a triple threat makes sense doesn't it? I mean it someone gets DQ'd in a triple threat, then who wins?

Edited by Slapnuts

• Paid Members

Whilst I agree that they imply the rules as and when it suits them, I think "no rope breaks" in a triple threat makes sense doesn't it? I mean it someone gets DQ'd in a triple threat, then who wins?

Surely you just carry on with two. Why wouldn't you? If one guys got DQ'd, he's fucked away his own opportunity to win. Never happened though has it?

By default, there are no rope breaks in any other matches where you can't win by DQ. Doesn't stop them stupidly putting them in to create drama.

The Rock vs Mankind match where Mick won his first WWF title was ridiculous. It was No DQ, but full of ref distraction spots because lolwrestling. Austin was talking about it on his podcast like it's a positive.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Rope breaks could be allowed in an Elimination Triple Threat, but for a single-fall match, it would be impossible for DQ purposes - I guess it could still be in force if only to say that no referee can award a submission win if the opponent is touching the ropes.

Technically, Big Show was put through the table at Extreme Rules 2012. Cody Rhodes hit him with a dropkick whilst Show was on the apron, causing his foot to slip through the table on the outside.

I'm fine with that since it was an offensive move that caused a competitor to go through the table. Calling a table match because someone else put themselves through a table isn't cool though.

As for rope breaks in No DQ matches. I always laugh when the referee gives a 5 count, what's he gonna do when he reaches 5?

Edited by neil is brill

Miz taking it the next night, then getting maryse back with him, makes him look more of a dick than ever. Great result

Now for Miz to pick up French from her, and move onto his big gimmick change

Les Miz?
I've been waiting YEARS for this gimmick to finally debut. "Do you hear the WWE Universe sing..."

Fuck yeah, Miz for Javert. "(Val) John, at last, we see each other plain, Monsieur Cena, you'll wear a different Chaaaaaaaaiiiiinnn!!"